iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1947 Willys Jeep or 1990s era Humvee for running around the property?

Started by bigtrees, June 11, 2019, 03:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

An early 1950s M37 is about to become my "run around in the woods truck", if it checks out when we go down to see it. The only down side is that it maxes out at about 45 MPH (I'm told it's happier if kept down to 40 MPH). It will be mostly used on local roads. Faster than running my tractor back and forth between properties, but it would be nice to be able to keep up with traffic on the couple of 50 MPH roads in my area.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

btulloh

45 feels like 75. Except for the cars passing you.

You could stick a V6 in it and get more mph if you want.
HM126

Crusarius

Btulloh is right. but I can tell you 45 is about as fast as you typically want to go in one of those.

K-Guy

@Crusarius 

You are correct about the high speed limit. When I was in the army, after a road move of any length our mechanics would ground every jeep till they could go over them and tighten them up, at highway speeds they rattle themselves apart. It saved a lot of down time and parts.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Thank You Sponsors!