iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Classic Cars

Started by Magicman, October 28, 2014, 08:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartman

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 10, 2014, 11:11:47 PM
I am a hard core old truck guy but no money or shop space to deal with them at the moment. Have my eye on a 59 Travelall 4X4, it has been rode hard and put up wet but appears to be complete. It likely was a logging crew bus. My first was a 64 Chev short box, DanG I wish I had it now.
I have yet to own a travelall.......some day

coxy

sweeeeeet  what does it have a 4 or v8

bartman

Quote from: scgargoyle on December 11, 2014, 06:18:32 AM
I'm working on getting my '72 Ford F-250 Camper Special back on the road.
just had a customer drop off a 70 ford 3/4 yesterday.  I gotta put exhaust manifold gaskets and a starter in it. I really respect the vintage. This one is in good shape for Iowa.  360/4speed

bartman

Quote from: coxy on December 11, 2014, 06:39:47 AM
sweeeeeet  what does it have a 4 or v8
I.H. 304 with a 727 torqueflite

dgdrls

In my past life,  No room or time right now.
I do enjoy them immensely though.

Maybe again, never say never.

DGDrls

bartman

This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started this thread. I made about every car show this year including good guys. Winter is upon us and I'm needing a old car fix already.  Keep em coming!

loggah

I dont know if it would be called a classic or not ,but i have one of these in a garage for the winter !!! I bought it off a friend and i think i last drove it in a parade around 30 years ago. Its a 1929 Stewart 1 ton panel truck in really decent shape.

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

sawguy21

I googled that brand, I had never heard of it. That is one rare truck. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WmFritz

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 11, 2014, 12:13:04 PM
I googled that brand, I had nver heard of it. That is one rare truck. 8)

I hadn't heard of that one either. Where was the plant located loggah?
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

loggah

Buffalo N.Y. Stewart built trucks from 1912 thru 1940.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Weekend_Sawyer

My 51 F3 1 ton farm truck. Flathead V8. Resting comfortably until I get around to updating the rear.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sandhills

My dad has a '48 F3 sitting in the trees, not as straight as yours WS but I'd love to restore it someday, Loggah I'd say that definitely qualifies as a classic  :).

Banjo picker

I truly love the ole cars... They have "soul".  In my minds eye, if you can see a car or truck from lets say at least 100 yards away, and know what it is...its probably a classic.  Todays cars and trucks just about ALL look alike, there are a few exceptions, but line up the Toyotas, Altimas , Kias , Chevys and Fords and stand back 50 yards and you will be hard put to tell the difference...they will NEVER be classics to me.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

shinnlinger

Here is one for big red 1951.  Its a 1952 GMC 400. it Was one heavy duty truck. 5 spd w/2 sp rear end.   Found it in a field and brought her back to life just enough to use it around the farm.  Ended up trading it for a street legal dumper but miss this old rig.

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

sawguy21

Quote from: Banjo picker on December 11, 2014, 08:11:21 PM
I truly love the ole cars... They have "soul".  In my minds eye, if you can see a car or truck from lets say at least 100 yards away, and know what it is...its probably a classic.  Todays cars and trucks just about ALL look alike, there are a few exceptions, but line up the Toyotas, Altimas , Kias , Chevys and Fords and stand back 50 yards and you will be hard put to tell the difference...they will NEVER be classics to me.  Banjo
I wholeheartedly agree. Many of us can identify the make, model and year of the pre 1970 cars and trucks with a quick glance, they were very distinctive even when ugly. I have no interest in the recent egg on wheels styling.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bartman

only thing new I like are the ones that retro the older ones. We were truely lucky to grow up in the era we did.

Alligator

Quote from: Jeff on October 28, 2014, 10:29:49 AM
Here is mine. It is a 1965 Thunderbird with a 300hp 390.
I was seriously considering selling it this year as intellectually it made no sense for me to have it. Its a problem to store, the money it is worth could go to much more useful projects that I don't have money for. In the end, I kept it. Why? Simply because it makes me happy. :)

I understand the project / money dilemma as well as anyone. How could you consider selling such a beautiful automobile?
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

caveman

Yesterday, in stead of sawing, cleaning up, or doing any of the other numerous tasks that await, JMoore came over to help me get a couple of my old Broncos back in the land of the living.  I had already just about determined the '68 needed a fuel pump but I had not purchased one due to the cost of the mechanical, vacuum pump that it uses is quite expensive.  Anyway, after four trips to the parts store, we finally got enough of the right parts to get it going.  Then we drove it until it ran out of gas.  Brakes are going to have to go near the top of the to do list.

The '77, which has not been run in at least two years was also started up.  I suspected the solenoid was bad so I replaced it and still nothing.  John said the replacement was likely bad and suggested that I buy another.  With all of the old Fords around the place it is never a bad idea to have an extra part or two.  Problem solved.  

Prior to working on the '68, we had to pry it out of the spider webs which had it nearly encapsulated in my garage.  The tires were low but not flat so we opted to tow it next door to our shop with the gator rather than push it.  Anyway, there are still a lot of things around my place in various stages of disrepair.  This afternoon, after sawing, I have some fiberglass work to do on our 45 year old canoe.  I also have several hours of tractor work to do over at John's place sometime soon.

Old iron is cool but it does better with regular use rather than long stretches of inactivity.

The 170 CI-six.

Caveman

samandothers

Very nice, looks like a fun toy.

Brad_bb

This was my first car at 15 1/2. I drove it twice and then started tearing it apart.  Was going to build a hot rod, then fell in love with the original colors and decided to restore all original.  Took 16 years.

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Lko67

Got a 1967 camaro I bought 10 plus years ago will have to get some pictures up considered selling but just to much fun to drive

woodmaker

I have two 1970 challengers(t/a and RT) ,a 72 roadrunner,a 69 cuda 440,a 70 mustang fastback(pretty sad now)and a 48 chevy with an olds 350 in it.All of them need assembly,and it seems that all I ever have time to work on is construction equipment . Probably if I were smarter,I'd sell some of these and buy  or trade for something already running.  Oh well,no one ever accused me of being smart.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Jeff

46 Dodge Truck, 1983 s10 Blazer with a 350, and 1965 Thunderbird.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Babylon519

Don't know if this counts as a classic, but it's fairly unique! The foundation is a 1969 VW Beetle. I built it when I was in college, and I'm proud to say it's been on the road every year since 1990 when I finally made it road-worthy. Invisible feature: the 84 lbs of molten lead I poured in the forks to keep the front end down! :)
- Jason

Jason
1960 IH B-275 - same vintage as me!
1960 Circle Sawmill 42"
Stihl MS440 & a half-dozen other saws...

Magicman

Yes I would absolutely agree that it is a "classic".  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!