iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

G'day everyone abit of an update

Started by Meadows Miller, August 05, 2019, 10:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

G'day 

I hope everyone has been well since my last threads . Life has been good up here in NH and Skye the girls and I have been settling in and getting things organized.  I run skyes Lt70 and Hudson 52" wide for her and her best friend Kellie producing wide slabs custom lumber and wide white and red pine flooring 

Like the rest of my life I have been keeping pretty busy I have brought my own 94 model Meadows #2 deluxe and have been getting that together with tracking dow a vertical edger and extra head saws to speed up production of rough 1&2× along with putting it onto producing pallet stringers 

Busy busy 

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Banjo picker

Hey there ole buddy....good to hear from you.  When you said NH, did that mean New Hampshire as in state side?  Looks like you can turn out a lot of lumber with all that iron.  I am still cutting a little.  I have one steady customer that calls in an order or two a month and I do some custom cutting for a few folks....I am getting picky as to what and who I will cut for anymore.  Keep us posted.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

thecfarm

Good to hear from you. By the looks of that stop sign looks like you are in the USA.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Welcome back, good to see you getting active here on the Forum again!

You've really been busy!    8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

nativewolf

Looking forward to seeing more pics.  Whereabouts did you live down under?  We traveled quite a bit there, really loved Tasmania, could have lived there but there was already an expat from NC there and you know...two's a crowd :D.

Liking Walnut

Bruno of NH

The down town picture looks like Whitefield NH maybe
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

moodnacreek

Nice to see a real mill going up. It seems no one wants to do this anymore. How will you power the vertical edger?

dgdrls

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Banjo picker on August 06, 2019, 04:41:47 AM
Hey there ole buddy....good to hear from you.  When you said NH, did that mean New Hampshire as in state side?  Looks like you can turn out a lot of lumber with all that iron.  I am still cutting a little.  I have one steady customer that calls in an order or two a month and I do some custom cutting for a few folks....I am getting picky as to what and who I will cut for anymore.  Keep us posted.  Banjo
Gday Tim old mate yes Center Conway New Hampshire  in the White Mountains.
It can turn it out but like yourself I'm getting fussy these days i do all of Skyes custom and stock sawing which alot will get sawn on the Meadows I got offered as much pallet as I want to produce a a good rate as they are carting 6million bft in out of Canada atm prob only going to shoot for 20 or 30000 per week on that all 1" & 1.25 and 1.5 x3.5s 
Regards Chris 

Meadows Miller

Gday Ray 

Yes in the USA about 65mi south of you the stop sign is at the intersection in South Paris Maine the mill was Herbert Farnhams and came out of Wayne 

We will have to catch up being so close mate 

Regards Chris 

Meadows Miller

Gday Chuck thanks i intend on becoming more active again mate 

Regards Chris 

Meadows Miller

Quote from: nativewolf on August 06, 2019, 07:10:30 AM
Looking forward to seeing more pics.  Whereabouts did you live down under?  We traveled quite a bit there, really loved Tasmania, could have lived there but there was already an expat from NC there and you know...two's a crowd :D.
G'day Native Wolf 
I'm originally from a small town called Heathcote about 65mi noth of Melbourne I still have 3 mills and my Scania crane truck  parked up there and dad uses them for the log building business we have there. 
Im glad you loved it down there and if you want to live and be in the timber there tasmania is the go I reckon Skye & Evie our 11yo daughter are going back in Feb for a month and plan on a trip to Tassie I love it down there . And girls have already said they would like to live there too but we have quite abit going on here as shes buying out her family's mill atm and I'm building this one .
Aparrently there is an expat aussie here in town but I haven't met him yet everyone's told me about him though lol 
Regards Chris 

Meadows Miller

Quote from: moodnacreek on August 06, 2019, 01:21:12 PM
Nice to see a real mill going up. It seems no one wants to do this anymore. How will you power the vertical edger?
Moodnacreek 
Thanks I love my circular mills I have two more meadows mills to go pickup once the kenworth is on the road .
my uncle visited in Feb from Australia and was standing in the office talking to Skye and said "I have to warn you hes accumulating gear again its what he does " lol  Skyes reply was as he can get whatever he wants :) not many women will tell you "your getting that" when they look at a bit of gear or a truck 
The vert will be of the Cummins direct belt drive the CMC Vert through a 60hp rated right angle drive gearbox mate 
Regards Chris 

Meadows Miller

Bruno 

The vertical edger transfer and saws came out of a mill over in Bradford I'll have to get over your way for a catchup soon mate 

Regards Chris 

Meadows Miller

Quote from: dgdrls on August 07, 2019, 05:23:27 PM
Awesome! smiley_thumbsup

best

D
G'day Dan thanks and lifes treating me well mate 
Regards Chris 

longtime lurker

You're a long way from home mate. Probably better off too, seeing what's going on with the industry in Vic: anyone I talk to down there is feeling pretty uncertain about the future. Not that its much better my end of the country though, I'm gearing up to have a crack but long term log supply is a big question mark.

I'd offer to come drive your docker but neah... You got that funny white stuff on the ground so that rules me out. 

Good to see ya Chris
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

thecfarm

South Paris,now I recognize it. I zoomed in on the route numbers and saw 117. Been through there many times. Wayne is not too far for me,20 minutes,South Paris 45 minutes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

nativewolf

Quote from: longtime lurker on August 07, 2019, 11:22:39 PM
You're a long way from home mate. Probably better off too, seeing what's going on with the industry in Vic: anyone I talk to down there is feeling pretty uncertain about the future. Not that its much better my end of the country though, I'm gearing up to have a crack but long term log supply is a big question mark.

I'd offer to come drive your docker but neah... You got that funny white stuff on the ground so that rules me out.

Good to see ya Chris
@longtime lurker  You misunderstand his location.  He doesn't have funny white stuff he has funny brown and green stuff for a few weeks and then it goes back to the normal white stuff.  :D Short summers indeed.  
@Meadows Miller Nice to see someone setting up a circle.  We were offered a deal on an edminston mill but don't have @moodnacreek background so thought best to KISS for now.
@longtime lurker If you want log supply just head over to VA, hardwood coming out our ears...you just have to figure out how to sell it.  Heck we only have a normal 3 month winter.
Liking Walnut

petefrom bearswamp

Good to hear from Meadows miller again.
A hearty welcome Chris.
Sounds like you are happily very busy.
Regarding Whitefield, I bought my first hydraulic mill from a fellow there back in 2000.
As down Easters say, you cant there from here.
9 hr drive from my place.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

longtime lurker

@nativewolf 

It's the middle of winter here. ;D ;D ;D ;D

The weather forecast for South Mission Beach in the next 5 days 

[th] [/th]
[th]today[/th]
[th]tomorrow[/th]
[th]Saturday[/th]
[th]Sunday[/th]
[th]Monday[/th]
 6-12hr

12-18hr

18-24hr

6-12hr

12-18hr

18-24hr

6-12hr

12-18hr

18-24hr

6-12hr

12-18hr

18-24hr

6-12hr

12-18hr

18-24hr

Min (°F)66°63°61°57°54°
Max (°F)79°81°77°73°72°
Wind Bft3 /
3 /
3 /
3 /
3 /
Precip. (%)5%0%5%5%5%
Precip. (mm)0 mm0 mm0 mm0 mm0 mm
Ratings8991010
Last update 8 August 08:54

The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

nativewolf

You cant pull that one on me.  I've seen your summers :D.  Actually I was sent to Bangkok Thailand as my first international post with some US agency.  Had US orientation left hit the Bangkok in August, and my first thought was..oh this is not as hot as Wilmington NC (my hometown).  There is always some trade off unless you are up high in the tropics or on an island.  I love the lush fast growing forest of the SE USA or the Pacific NW or the tropics but we all have our trade offs.  There you have a summer that will melt tin roofs and boil asphalt...ok, the asphalt just simmers but you know what I mean.   
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!