iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 576xp

Started by P15Belanger, July 01, 2010, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P15Belanger

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have a husky 576xp or know much about them? I'm thinking about getting one real soon here because my husky 357xp just doesn't have the power I need anymore. Thanks a lot.

JHBC

Hi, the topic "new Husky Husqvarna" has a lot of discussion about the 576xp.  Check it out. 
MS460 28"    MS660  36"    MS441 20"/24"    394XP 32"/36"    3120XP 32"/42"

SawTroll

Quote from: P15Belanger on July 01, 2010, 05:46:41 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have a husky 576xp or know much about them? I'm thinking about getting one real soon here because my husky 357xp just doesn't have the power I need anymore. Thanks a lot.

I'd try to find a 372xp to avoid some weight, but I believe the 576 is pretty good for a first generation "strato" saw.   8) 8)
Information collector.

Cut4fun

The  576xp demo I got to run spring 09  with 28"-32" (sorry cant remember now) was impressive stock in the big wood with bar buried.
Al ran the same saw and might stop in to say something too.

madmari

I bought a 576XP in April and have used daily since. She's a little hefty and a lot pricey. I got used to the weight; just don't work with a light saw or you'll be reminded.
  The saw now beats EPA emissions, which will help offset the Gulf disaster ;)
Likes the gas, but makes good power. All in all happy with the saw.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

P15Belanger

Yeah they're pretty pricey but I'm trading in my 357xp towards it and am only paying $450 for the new saw. I was thinking about getting the 576 because its the same price as the 372 but I might just wind up getting the 372 for weight reasons and power isn't much different from what I can tell. Thanks for the input

Tim/South

I was faced with the same decision at the beginning of summer.
My uncle had just bought a 576 and my old 272 had finally given up the ghost. I had a chance to use the 576 and liked the saw. I had been afraid I would not.
The dealer had one 372 left and I left with it. I felt more comfortable investing in a saw tried and proven.

The 576 may one day prove to equal or surpass the reputation of the 373.
I do not think a person could go wrong with either model.

John Mc

P15Belanger -

you mentioned that your "husky 357xp just doesn't have the power I need anymore". Is that because you've moved on to bigger (and better?) trees, or just because your 357xp is getting old and tired?

If it's the latter, SawTroll posted some info on the 560xp under the "Husqvarna L77" thread. It's the replacement for the 357xp that Husqvarna should be coming out with shortly. Sounds like a slight bump in power. It's also an autotune, if that makes a difference to you.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

SawTroll

Quote from: John Mc on July 11, 2010, 10:36:28 AM

If it's the latter, SawTroll posted some info on the 560xp under the "Husqvarna L77" thread. It's the replacement for the 357xp that Husqvarna should be coming out with shortly. Sounds like a slight bump in power. It's also an autotune, if that makes a difference to you.

Actually, it looks like the 560xp is the first 2nd generation strato saw - if the production saws are close to the pre-production saw that a US Husky dealer got, they sure will.... 8) 8) 8) 8)
Information collector.

HolmenTree

Quote from: SawTroll on July 01, 2010, 08:35:37 PM
Quote from: P15Belanger on July 01, 2010, 05:46:41 PM

I'd try to find a 372xp to avoid some weight, but I believe the 576 is pretty good for a first generation "strato" saw.   8) 8)
Yes the 576 is more beefier but I think of my 576 XP AutoTune as a 80cc saw not a 70cc. Sure has the torque of an 80. With its 2 barrel carb, computer and strato charging all I can say is SMOOTH POWER saw.
Willard. :D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

SawTroll

Quote from: HolmenTree on July 20, 2010, 09:59:02 PM

Yes the 576 is more beefier but I think of my 576 XP AutoTune as a 80cc saw not a 70cc. Sure has the torque of an 80. With its 2 barrel carb, computer and strato charging all I can say is SMOOTH POWER saw.
Willard. :D

73.5cc.
Information collector.

HolmenTree

Yes I always knew the 576 is under 74cc. What I was saying was with its torque rated power/weight ratio its equivalent to a standard 80cc saw.
Willard  :D

P15Belanger

i got the 576 and love it. it has so much torque to rip through the wood that the weight doesn't bother me a bit. its almost hard to describe how smooth it feels when you cut, too. i love the saw and would recomend it to anyone who won't mind the extra couple of pounds

HolmenTree

Just a few minutes ago I held both my 372 and 576 , one in each hand , both full of fuel/ oil and I can't tell the difference in weight.
I think the specs say the 576 is a pound heavier but I can't tell.
Willard.

SawTroll

:) I suppose you didn't really want to feel any difference, but it sure is there.  ;)

Such  a "test" also introduce several variables......
Information collector.

HolmenTree

I agree. Running the 2 all day I may notice the difference even though they're both sporting 22" b/c. But with the added torque and smoothness of the 576 you don't notice it in a bad way.
With a tape measure to both saws the 576 is only a tad bigger at the air filter cover and top handle diameter.
Willard.

Thank You Sponsors!