iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Animal Pictures

Started by Mark M, March 02, 2003, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOGDOG

There was a great show on tonight called "Living with Tigers". Awesome animals. Hopefully they re-run it. How's Dizzy Jeff?

LOGDOG

Radar67

This little bandit is stealing cat food outside my back door. Anyone ever seen one marked like this? I am 100% positive that it is a skunk.  ;)

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

I hope that you did not 100% verify that fact right after you took that picture. :o smiley_airfreshener :D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Radar67

Nope, not me, but one of the Tom cats wasn't so lucky.  :D :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

sgtmaconga

Measure twice cut once

SwampDonkey

A few years back we had one that was almost all white.

Here kitty kitty kitty.  smiley_bat_morph
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

There's really BIG skunk living in my Grandma's shed.  He was anyway.  We tried to exclude him by blocking his entrance points but he got around them.  He moved a rock that must weigh close to fifty pounds ::)  We put some bigger rocks in place  ;)  We musta blocked him inside that time.  There was one really mad skunk.  The whole barnyard was pretty rank for a few days.  He clawed and chewed a whole big enough to get out.  We blocked it with him outside we think  :) ;D  I saw him twice and Dad saw him once.  Of course I haven't seen him since I started carrying the .223 in the truck ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Raphael

I had a visitor wander through around 5pm last thursday.
Afraid the pictures aren't to good: low light and full zoom.

This bear is probably a male known as the Southington bear.  They get tags in both ears the first time they are tagged and only a single tag thereafter.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

LOGDOG

That show "Living with Tigers" is on right now on cable. It's on the ANPL - Animal Planet station. Great show if you're interested.

LOGDOG

Weekend_Sawyer

Raphael, that looks like the rare red eared bear :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

semologger

Jeff have you seen your deer lately?

beenthere

Was sent this link about Maine bear research....fun way to spend the taxpayers money, but someone has to do it.   :)   Good pics of digging out bear and cubs from their dens in deep snow.

http://www.crownofmaine.com/paulcyr/stories/bear-monitoring/
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I never read the link beenthere, but they have done that type of thing for years to follow a bear's life history like those climbing mountains in Africa to be with Gorillas. Every spring on the news they report about how the bears are doing.  As far as I know something similar is done here in NB. All part of management I guess. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

What was that link we had to the Eagle's nest in Maine  ???  ???

My computer must not be smart enuff to search. I can't find it   >:(  >:(

Didn't Pappy post that  ???  ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Search eagle cam, see what that does and check "Outdoor Activities" Board. There was one for BC coast to.

I see that some local kestrels are nesting now. Make more dang noise than a barn yard of chickens. :D

beenthere

This 'un?
http://www.briloon.org/watching-wildlife/eagle-cam.php

After watching this site a bit, realized that there are no eagles in the nest this time of the year. Apparently after 15 years of activity, this year there is none.

I did find another site with a camera over a pond in Botswana, Africa

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/wildcamafrica/

But 9pm EST to midnight is the best time to watch as it is dawn to midmorning there.
Might tune in to see some of it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bow Saw

Burlkraft,
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.crownofmaine.com/paulcyr/store/
         or
htt://www.crownofmaine.com/paulcyr/daily

He has lots of wildlife photos. 8)
Hope you can find your eagle picture there!
MBS

Bow Saw

pappy

Sounds sad so far   :(   a clip from the eagle blogg

"Tuesday, April 22, 2008
No Nesting This Year
Greetings dedicated bloggers. Well I think we can be certain that the eagles will not nest this year. The birds at this nest site have been the most productive in the state over the last 14 years and they are now sliding back to the state average. As we have already discussed, there are many reasons why the birds may not be nesting this year, including getting old, last years nest failure, contaminant burden, mate switch, or simply taking a year off. What we have seen over the last three years shows how hard it is for birds to successfully raise young each year. They face so many challenges, from habitat loss, to changes in food web dynamics, to contaminants. Who knows, maybe the birds will surprise us once again and break records for late nesting, but all the sign indicate they are taking the year off.

We will keep the camera up and running and we are currently working on getting our loon cam and osprey can up and running. We will be setting up the loon cam this week and hopefully will have it live for you by the beginning of next week. I am trouble shooting the osprey cam which sustained a major lightening strike last year--hopefully we can get it up soon.

Also we have a number of other cam projects up our sleeve, and there is a good possibility that we may be able to get them off the ground (literally and figuratively) this year.

Thank you for all your support and amazing observations.

Wing Goodale
BioDiversity Research Institute
posted by Bald Eaglecam at 1:02 PM 

http://baldeaglecam.blogspot.com/2008/04/no-nesting-this-year.html

But they have a loon cam over there    :)

http://www.briloon.org/watching-wildlife/loon-cam.php
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!