iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

oops

Started by Andy, March 04, 2002, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hey guys, I didnt mean any disrespect by my Yahoo comment. Ive learned more from this site in 2 days than I have in 40 yrs. Just in a bit of a jam. Trying to thin out some trees before spring and running out of time. Thanks Andy

Jeff

None taken Andy,

I can be quick to jump in defending the forum. To quick sometimes. Your welcome here, oh say, even as much as Kevin. :D

Keep asking those aspen questions because we do have the resources to answer any of them. If not here I have some friends in what they perceive to be high places :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

No disrespect assumed, Andy.  I was afraid we had hurt your feelings.  Glad you recognize a sense of humor.  Sometimes we get carried away  but..........what do you do when you don't have an answer an still want to say "Howdy"   Yep we have guys here with answers but we don't all have'm.  Kinda lots of specialized areas here and we're all pulling each others chain.  Glad to have you aboard.

Bibbyman

I'm glad you asked that question Andy.  I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. :D

Note that the Bibbyman didn't even try to answer your question.  I wouldn't know aspen from an aspirin.  Where I live if it ain't oak, walnut, hickory, ash, red cedar, cottonwood, sycamore, or hackberry then its something it's something standing in the way.

Now the husband of my niece IS a professional forester.  Wrote his masters thesis on the Savannas of Nebraska.  He is a Yahoo because I've been to Nebraska and there ain't no trees or savannas. But.. You know what?  Your Federal Government supplied him a brand new Dodge Durango to drive from the middle of Missouri to Nebraska to do forest studies.  He needed the Durango so he could pull the boat he took along! ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Kevin

Jeff, if you`re trying to melt my snow you`ll have to try waaaay harder than that!

Jeff

Kevin,
Nope, I was trying to get you to post one of those stupid smilies. That one's kinda cute though. :D  

And he's even on the forum server! yeah!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Scott

Ask the Questions so us Foresters can stay "sharp". We just need enough local information for best response or try to get you to a local forester for help.

Forestry is not an exact science when all resources such as soil, air, water, timber, recreation, wildlife, forage, and Wilderness are considerations.  

~Ron

Ron Wenrich

I heard someone say that forestry isn't rocket science.  It's much harder than that!
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Phil

On the other hand, if we foresters "mess up," we'll be retired (or dead) before anybody figures it out!  The same can be said of a lot of natural resource professionals.  Case in point:  once upon a time the Soil Conservation Service was saying, "Yeah, plant some of this kudzu.  Makes excellent forage."

With rocket science, you know you've made a mistake pretty quickly.  Case in point:  basically anything NASA has done in the last decade.

(Hope I didn't meander too far off the subject.)

Phil

Thank You Sponsors!