iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Remember when ....

Started by WV Sawmiller, November 29, 2015, 08:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We never had a TV nor a telephone when I was growing up.  It was sorta funny that I had never had a telephone and went to work for the telephone company.  :wink_2:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

Haha Don, I didn't have you figured for the brawlin' type😁 

That's a really bad feeling when you administer the kill shot and they don't even flinch. In wilder times, I gave a guy a good flurry of fists to the face while he told me, "you better hit me harder than that!" So I know the sinking feeling...😂
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

Quote from: thecfarm on Yesterday at 06:25:24 AMAnd we would go to school with the gun in the rack.
I can remember setting my rifle in the corner of the cafeteria one morning as I was running late and didn't have time to put it into my buddies truck and still get breakfast.  I would park my truck down the road from the school and hunt through the woods to get there, never got a deer that way but sure tried plenty of times.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

In 1972 gas was $0.38 a gallon.  I had an old metal turpentine can I would carry on my bike to get gas.  Fifty cents would get a gallon of gas and 3 pieces of Double Bubble bubble gum.  I usually made the trip twice a week. 

A gallon of gas would fill the lawn mower tank a couple of times which would be enough to earn $3 or $4 mowing yards.  Or a gallon of gas would power the Banshee mini bike for a week.  

We could ride mini bikes on the road to the trails "in the woods."   The police didn't really care as long as we were going between our houses and the trails.  

I also remember when pedal bikes had banana seats and sissy bars.  I could ride a wheelie as far as the road or cars would permit.  I never could ride a unicycle, go figure.  Now I'm disturbed if I have to stand on the pedals of my fat tire beach cruiser to climb a hill. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!