iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

slabsaw pic

Started by twobears, April 05, 2006, 09:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twobears

i,ve been working on my pics/gallery.i figured you guyswould like this pic.its a automatic slab saw,my dad bought it years ago at a auction and never set it up.i just bought it from him for my mill.

delbert

simon

looks like it was design'd pre-osha...lol

but definatly something i'd figure was worth puttin ta work

karl

Now that looks interesting/scary.
What triggers the cutoff action? I would assume that the slab comes up against a switch of some type that stops the conveyer and moves the saw?

Don't let Jon see that or he's gonna want one! But on the other hand he wouldn't be running the chainsaw into the ground as much with one of those ::)

How 'bout some after pics when you git r done? Might want to plagurize yer work.....
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

JimBuis

Please forgive my ignorance.  It looks really  8) and all of that, but how does it work??

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Jeff

Looks to me like its cammed to cycle the blade through the cut. I can envision on one side of the cam the drive belt loosening stopping the forward motion of the conveyor and then the saw swinging through, and on the other side of the cam action the saw swings back from the cut, tightens the conveyor drive belt advancing the slab.  Do Da Do Da.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

twobears

JEFF is close on how it works.but,it uses a cable to advance the slab.
ok,i,ll try to explaine how it work.i need to post another pic first tho.

here it is:

ok,thats the slab convoyer parts..if you look at the saw theres some cable hanging on it that arm moves the cable which is threaded thur a few pulleys and it hooks on the convoyor part on the right in that pic.(the one on the ground) it,s hooked to the racket part.once the arm gets in the right spot it  puts slack in the cable and gives time for the saw to make a cut.then the cable tightens again and moves the slab.theres a convoyer under the saw to get rid of the slabwood.
theres two motors on the saw.one to turn the sawblade and one thats hooked to the gearbox for the arms.the saw is moving pretty much all the time but kinda slow to give time to move the slab.

outdoorsman for life
delbert

Thank You Sponsors!