iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oh no! I'm being forced to clean up my mess

Started by Gilman, April 08, 2009, 04:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilman

My mom called me last night and informed me that they are selling their house.  My first thought was, "good for them."  My second thought was, "Oh no!  Where am I going to move all the lumber and logs I have at their house?"  If that weren't enough, my mom asks where I'm going to put the lumber.  "I'll just stack it outside like it already is," I answer.  She then states, "what about the lumber in the barn?" smiley_confused  Uggh, I forgot about the dry lumber.

I still have no idea where I'm going to put all my junk.  Looks like there will be a sale on Maple burl this spring.

I'll get some photos
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Dan_Shade

just tell them you expect them to move it all to their new place :-)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

asy

Quote from: Dan_Shade on April 08, 2009, 05:20:28 PM
just tell them you expect them to move it all to their new place :-)

Good luck with that, don't forget to let us know if you survive the suggestion  :D

asy.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

MrMoo

I agree with Dan move it to the new place. Maybe they can get a barn big enough to put all the lumer inside.

Gilman

"Happy Mother's day.... a Hyster....  :)?   :(?"

Maybe some flowers with the forklift?
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

tyb525

Build a barn with the lumber you don't have a place for. :D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ohsoloco

Don't remind me of this situation.  I have at least 8,000 bd.ft. of lumber stacked at my parents' place.  They have a nice level lot behind their house.  Flat ground is rare on my 5 acres  ::)

Dodgy Loner

My property is similarly "flat-spot deficient".  The only flat spot is the one where my house is sitting :-\.  My lumber lives at my parents house as well, but fortunately, they're not planning on moving anytime soon.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

ARKANSAWYER

I have plenty of room on my 30 acres you can put it.  I am here to help a FF member in their time of need.  So relax I've got you covered.

ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!