iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1 Day Ebay Auction 8" x 75", 31 - Grizzly Jointers, all Ends Tonight, Scam?

Started by Trent, December 25, 2006, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent

Why would a guy sell all these on a one day auction? Sounds too good to be true.
Can't fish, can't hunt, don't care about sports. Love to build, machine, fabricate.      Trent Williams

Brad_S.

I think I found the auction you are referring to. The guy's history is 17 transactions with 100% rating, but his last transaction was in March 2006. All of a sudden he has 63 pages of items for sale totaling hundreds of items all ending tonight!  Sounds like a scam to me!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

jgoodhart

Trent

Do you have a full picture of the mill shown in your gallery?

asy

Be careful with things like this, it's likely that his account has been taken over by bad people.

Try "contact the seller" and that *should* email him, not the naughty people.

If in doubt. Don't touch it. Whatever it is isn't worth getting ripped off over.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Trent

ASY, You are right. I sent the guy an e-mail with questions, he replied and told me not to bid! He said his e-bay account was being used be someone else. E-bay sent me an alert warning me about it. When I went back to check the items later today, they were all gone. I guess the crook thought he could get away with it on Christmas day when fewer people are on duty at E-bay? Just like the old saying goes, "when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"   
Can't fish, can't hunt, don't care about sports. Love to build, machine, fabricate.      Trent Williams

Thank You Sponsors!