iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 15 up and down cable replacment

Started by Arkyrick, June 18, 2019, 12:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyrick

Hi everyone, I am replacing the up and down cable on my LT 15 when I took off the nut that held the cable the up and down mechanism extended because it has two gas charged cylinders in it. How do I get the mechanism to collapse so I can attach the new cable? I've emailed WM but haven't heard back from them yet. I'm sure someone here must have run into this problem.
LT 35 hydraulic portable "73"Ford 335 tractor - lots of chains

Arkyrick

Hey guys my sawmill is down and no one has responded to this post. WM hasnt responded either. Maybe no one has ever experianced this problem I'm having with the up & down arm but can anyone steer me in the right direction to get some advice?

Chuck White

I wouldn't email Wood-Mizer, just call them and they will talk you through the repair!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Arkyrick

Arkyrick

I talked with Bob at WM he explained to me how to fix it only took several min. THANKS BOB 

Magicman

Bob is a good guy.  He has done at least three field services on my sawmill.  8) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Arkyrick

Update
Bob at WM gave me detailed instructions on making my repair. I did so and it worked perfectly but heres the catch Instead of purchasing a factory made cable I thought I could make it myself that was the mistake my crimps werent as strong as the factory crimps on the cable. Long story short the cable failed and the whole saw head dropped suddenly. Lucky I had a couple of safety chains that caught the very heavy saw. Trying to save a few bucks could have damaged the mill or me. I ordered a factory cable from Bob today.

forrestM

Arkyrick, 

Would you mind posting your procedure for the fix so we can have it up here on the forum? 

Thanks,
Forrest

Thank You Sponsors!