iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Tuff TMW-58 Log Peeler VS Log Wizard Debarking Tool, Model# LogW-4000

Started by redmcc, February 13, 2020, 08:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmcc

What would be the difference or recommendation for Timber Tuff TMW-58 Log Peeler VS Log Wizard Debarking Tool, Model# LogW-4000

doc henderson

I have the log wizard.  it has good fit and finish.  it is a potentially dangerous tool.  basically a planer cutter adapted to run on the end of a chainsaw with no guards.  I think timber tuff looks the same and prob. a knock off carried by northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company.  the log wizard packaging looks like a little mom and pop business which I like.  I have used mine, but not something I reach for often.
If you are not an avid safety/personal protective equipment guy, this is a tool that could easily take an eye out!

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Edvantage

I tried the log wizard for peeling cabin logs. Found it to be a back breaker as it is heavy on the end of the chainsaw bar. It also did an ugly job.heavy sharp draw knife was faster less of a workout looked better and was quiet. I would recommend chain without teeth and the shortest bar you can get if your going to try this. Better yet I'll give you a deal on mine

Thank You Sponsors!