iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do they grow

Started by JohnSR, February 23, 2013, 09:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnSR

Interesting seeing where and how some of the trees take root and are able to grow.

Magicman

Survival has gotta be a mighty force.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

I have seen some strange things, but these are on the top of the list for sure, there has to be some terrific nutrients out yonder, not to mention genetics,,  great pics John, thanks for sharing,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ocklawahaboy

Might not want to mill that bottom one.  Has one heck of a rock lodged in it.  Might ruin a blade!

customsawyer

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

Looks like a ATV? Your land?A nice place to have one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Its all in the moisture that looks like a very damp forest.I have seen a birch and spruce grown togather and they boath seem to prosper. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

rmack

that first picture is uncanny. it looks just like a situation I ran into on the northwest tip of Vancouver Island 30 years ago. except the tree whose roots are wrapped around the blowdown was a stump, old stump.

we counted somewhere around 250 rings on the stump, took shake bolts out starting about where the one in your picture is cut through, and they made beautiful shakes, absolutely no corrugation whatsoever, beautiful consistent flat taper.  :)
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Thank You Sponsors!