ebay auction to support our forum. Tormek Super Grinder from Burlkraft

Started by Jeff, December 09, 2006, 08:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well, we have our Auctions started. I'm announcing this one again for Burlkraft, Santa Steve as he's know around these parts this time of year, cause he's shy and has no ferns or other elves to hide behind. This is a great Item that I know many of you could use it for everything. Here is Steve's description:

A Tormek Super Grind 2000. Accessories include: Tool Rest (everything is an accessory with these guys) Knife grinding jig, Gouge grinding jig, Chisel grinding jig, Planer/Jointer knife grinding jig, Stone dresser, Profiled leather honing wheel, Honing compound, all manuals and an edge angle gauge. Everything is new or like new. I see the stone has a chip out of it, but that's about all I found wrong. It's a slow speed wet grinder. Does a nice job

The Ebay listing has several more pictures. Thanks again Steve!

LINK TO AUCTION
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

logwalker

Steve, do you know what length of planer knifes this will accomadate?  I got unit bid up pretty high already. Somebody help me out there a little. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Burlkraft

You should be able to do any length....You just can't do it in one pass, you have to re-clamp the jig.

Jeff...You are just so much more eloquent than me....I'm never gonna hear the end of the fern thing either...am I  ???   ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Quote from: Burlkraft on December 09, 2006, 08:40:08 PM
You should be able to do any length....You just can't do it in one pass, you have to re-clamp the jig.

Jeff...You are just so much more eloquent than me....I'm never gonna hear the end of the fern thing either...am I  ???   ???

No, but when you come to get a big batch this spring we can at least freshen up the stories. ;)

Furby

What, ya want ferns ???
Got two flats left downstairs.
Already gave two flats away.

Burlkraft

Jill's lookin' fer a tractor trailer load...I think  :D  :D  :D

The things a guy has to do to get to go baar huntin'..... :D :D

Furby

Really ???
I can give ya a name of a company.........
Tell them ya want ME to deliver them! ;)

DR_Buck

This is a GREAT item.   I have the complete package.    It is the best sharpener system made.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Burlkraft

Quote from: Furby on December 09, 2006, 09:19:22 PM
Really ???
I can give ya a name of a company.........
Tell them ya want ME to deliver them! ;)

Are they free like the ones I get from Jeff  ???  ???  ???

Jeff

I bet they aint even GASP>>  AMERICAN!    Furb, if you want to See Steve's ears that bad, come on up this spring with us to the cabin. I'm sure we will be arranging a fern expedition.

Furby

Well they are grown near here.
Nope, not free. In fact the price would knock ya off your feet! :o
These would be delivered, and in nice little plastic pots and such, muuuuuuuch less work for ya! ;)
Depending on when ya have them delivered, I belive we can get 5 or 600, 8 count flats on a truck. ;D

metalspinner

The Tormek is a great sharpening tool.  We have it in the shop at Woodcraft.  It takes the final surface of your tool beyond a "sharpening" to a "honing".   A little patience is needed because of the finer grinding stone than most bench grinders, but it is well worth the extra couple of minutes needed.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

farmerdoug

Well this went for a fair price. ???

Was it a Forestry Forum member who won it or an outsider?

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

As near as I can tell it was someone outside the forum. I can correlate any email or anything to identify them as a member. They haven't paid yet so the information is still limited.