iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Gumbo & Hors d'oeuvres

Started by Magicman, December 24, 2018, 04:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Da pot of Christmas Gumbo has been made but it will "rest" tonight.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

lxskllr

Bruno of NH

What's in gumbo?
Is it spicey?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

I don't know whether it was some kind of sin or anything but even though we had not rice, two bowls of Gumbo got eaten.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Giving into temptation!!!   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

LeeB

I,ve gotten well used to low carb eating and don't miss much from the before times. Two things I certainly do miss are gumbo and fried shrimp. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

olcowhand

Lynn,
Do you leave it warming on the stove so Santa can have some?
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

69bronco

digin_2 One of my favorites!

Magicman

Nope, da fat guy was on his own 'cause da big pot cooled and slept in da fridge last night but it will be simmering when the crowd gets here this evening.  :)

GAB

Quote from: Southside logger on December 24, 2018, 06:41:10 PM
Giving into temptation!!!   :D
Not necessarily as someone has to be the test guinnie pig.
The fact that it took two bowls full tells me the bowl was too small to start with.
MM you need to take the time and explain to your grandkids how you are supposed to harvest deer.
Guns, crossbows, bows & arrows, etc. - not motor vehicles.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

LeeB

Gerald,
You mean to tell me ya'll don't have truck bumper season up there?  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

GAB

Quote from: LeeB on December 25, 2018, 09:49:27 AM
Gerald,
You mean to tell me ya'll don't have truck bumper season up there?  :D
It's not listed in the VT hunting guide rules and regs.
In the past we have lost some induviduals in motor vehicle / moose, or deer, or bear incidences.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

LeeB

Hitting a deer can do some serious damage to a vehicle. I can see where a moose could be a catastrophe. 

sawguy21

Moose are VERY hard on vehicles, experience talking here. ::) That gumbo looks really good, I'll have some with a thick slice of corn bread. Hold the grits.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

Hors d'oeurves will include cheeses, corn dip, pepper jelly & cream cheese, plus these;

Bacon wrapped chicken tenders, smoked deer sausage, and pepper-jack deer sausage.  food6

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

olcowhand

Quote from: Magicman on December 25, 2018, 04:51:38 PM
Hors d'oeurves will include cheeses, corn dip, pepper jelly & cream cheese, plus these;

Bacon wrapped chicken tenders, smoked deer sausage, and pepper-jack deer sausage.  food6
Set out the fine China and Silverware! I'm on my way.....
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Crossroads

Looks good, it seems like just about any soup is better the next day. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Magicman

Da Christmas Gumbo was just right.

Coonasses put a dollop of potato salad in their gumbo.  I ain't but I did. food6

Jeff

I had 2 day old left over chili for dinner Christmas day. The Gumbo looks better.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I always thought that chili gets better each day it soaks so I suspect that you did ok.

I'll have a ham sammich & tater salad for lunch and then sum-more Gumbo for supper tonight.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!