iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hors d'oeuvres

Started by Holmes, May 12, 2010, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

This Is one we grew up with.  Ritz cracker or any salty cracker with peanut butter and ketchup on it. Very tasty.  Holmes
Think like a farmer.

WDH

I never imagined that anyone would combine peanut butter and ketchup  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gary

I put ketchup on a lot of things, (I would bet that if you put ketchup on grits that would even make them edible) but if you need to put it on peanut butter you might want to consider buying a little better peanut butter

Holmes

During the depression my mother worked for a "rich" family in Newton Ma.   Crackers with peanut butter and ketchup was the snack served to guests. Most people will not even try it . I dare you , its not that bad.
Think like a farmer.

D Hagens

I'm lucky, my wife can't even boil water so there's no way I will ever see these in front of me. :D :D 8) 8)

DanG

Well, I gotta say it don't sound all that good, but I ain't gonna knock it till I've tried it.  Maybe I will, one day.

Now if you want an Hors d'oeuvres(I'm trusting your spelling on that) that will impress most anybody, get off a little bit of coin and try this:   Get a pint of oysters and a package of the cheapest, thinnest bacon you can find.  Cut the bacon into 3 segments, then wrap each oyster in 1/3 slice of raw bacon and secure with a toothpick.  Lay them out on a broiler pan, salt and pepper them and broil on each side until the bacon is done.  Get a couple for yourself before you put them on the table.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kansas

My son used to put ketchup on his broccoli. I finally quit making broccoli when he was around. Just couldn't stand the sight of it. Of course, maybe that was his intent all long.

LeeB

Quote from: DanG on May 14, 2010, 12:00:01 AM
Well, I gotta say it don't sound all that good, but I ain't gonna knock it till I've tried it.  Maybe I will, one day.

Now if you want an Hors d'oeuvres(I'm trusting your spelling on that) that will impress most anybody, get off a little bit of coin and try this:   Get a pint of oysters and a package of the cheapest, thinnest bacon you can find.  Cut the bacon into 3 segments, then wrap each oyster in 1/3 slice of raw bacon and secure with a toothpick.  Lay them out on a broiler pan, salt and pepper them and broil on each side until the bacon is done.  Get a couple for yourself before you put them on the table.

A little minced garlic and green onion with that is really great. So what time you serving?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

zopi

atomic buffalo turds....jalepeno stuffed with cream cheese and bacon, wrapped with bacon, and grilled.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

scgargoyle

We used to make the ones with peanut butter and ketchup, only on a saltine. I still like 'em!

ABT's are one of my favorites on the smoker!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Holmes

scgargoyle  You are the first person to admit you have tried this. I guess you have to grow up eating these crackers to like them. The same must be true for grits.
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!