iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Gumbo

Started by Magicman, December 24, 2014, 03:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I often speak of Gumbo because it is a favorite of mine, that plus PatD makes a mighty fine Gumbo.

First she makes a Roux.

Onion and celery are diced.

And saute' in her FF Auction Skillet donated by member Gadrock.

The shrimp are de-headed, de-veined, & de-tailed.  (how 'bout them words?)

The chicken is deboned.

The sausage is sliced and cooked.

And as my late friend Justin Wilson would say......"Mighty Fine Gumbo I Garrontee".

Justin Wilson cooked at my Uncle's deer camp when I was in my early teens.  I did not realize then what a treasure he was,
Justin Wilson

His recipe is somewhat different than Pat's but it is still gumbo.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

NWP

1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

luvmexfood

Magicman. Sounds good. I buy a mix for Jambalya made by Luziana (the tea people). To their recipe I add extra water, okra, cajun or andoullia sausage and the small salad shrimp. Not an authinic cajun recipe but a pot licker no less. Tried their Gumbo mix but couldn't tell a difference. Merry Christmas. If I ever get down your way Pat is going to have to cook me some. Will bring some SW VA treats for trade.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!