iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Allis Chalmers question

Started by teakwood, October 09, 2022, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

I have this old 1969 Allis Chalmers Forklift which i traded against a teakwood order. The machine is great, built like a tank and has eased my workload alot. now it's time to do a little TLC. the engine works ok but is passing water into the oil, not much but i still want to repair it. thinking of head gasket. motor does 20psi of oil pressure at idle and 35psi when revving, no idea if thats in a normal range.

can't find a gasket kit or overhaul kit for this engine anywhere.

it's a allis chalmers engine G-153, also called a Buda engine
Gasket part number from the book is 4514394-8

Can anybody help me out where to get a repair kit?  i reached out to several Allis Chalmers parts seller on ebay and no luck

the engine plate

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

Can't help with parts, but I know Matt on "Diesel Creek" did a series of videos on repairing his AC forklift with a G153 engine.
Repairing the Cheapest Forklift on Marketplace! - YouTube
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

GRANITEstateMP

Not much help, but my buddys Cockshutt tractor has a Buda diesel. Maybe some of the antique/old tractor folks could help ya?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

chevytaHOE5674

G153 should be the same as was in a Cockshutt 30 tractor IIRC. There is a different in manifolds and their gaskets I believe. The AC forklift engines had individual gaskets for the ports and the tractor has a 1 piece gasket, dont quote me on that but its what I remember.

Parts "should" be readily available from many antique tractor parts places like Steiners, AgKits, etc.

teakwood

Quote from: Southside on October 09, 2022, 02:19:26 PM
Try this https://www.steinertractor.com/ABC2393-Full-Engine-Gasket-Set-including-crankshaft-seals

Let me know if you need shipping help.
Thanks alot, that was quick. I will write to steiner first and see what they know.

kantuckid

Tractorbynet is a great resource. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

teakwood

Quote from: Resonator on October 09, 2022, 06:28:36 PM
Can't help with parts, but I know Matt on "Diesel Creek" did a series of videos on repairing his AC forklift with a G153 engine.
Repairing the Cheapest Forklift on Marketplace! - YouTube
After seeing this vids (the guy had the same problem with old milky oil) and reading all the comments on the vid i came to the conclusion that is pretty normal gas engines develop moisture in their burning process and a forklift just runs for ten minutes and won't get hot enough to burn moisture off. My motor actually runs pretty good and the new oil still looks good after 30 hours of use, so i will leave the engine alone for now.

cleaned out good 

chevytaHOE5674

As long as you aren't losing coolant I wouldn't worry. Any engine that is run in short bursts and never allowed to get hot for a longer period of time will develop condensation that will find its way to the oil.

Options are: work it hard and get it hot to "burn off" any moisture. 

Or change the oil a little more often.

Thank You Sponsors!