iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chain sharpner

Started by 22chief-1, January 09, 2010, 02:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22chief-1

Thinkng about buying one any suggestions for a home owner who cuts about twenty cords a year  and  likes sharp chains .

beenthere

What I use, and like it a lot.  Called a combi gauge, and includes the jig to take the rakers down.
Wrong file shown for this tooth size, as you can see it sets too high on the tooth of this chain that is about worn out.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kevin

Chief, what make of chain are you using?

bandmiller2

Chief,your a serious wood cutter and I assume your talking about a powered grinder.Your best to stay away from the cheapies the one Origon sells is good but for more bucks you could get a Silvey round grinder that will be your pride and joy and last you several lifetimes.I have the silvey square grinder and like the job it does but if I were doing it again I'g go for the round grinder,makes it easier to touch up the chains with a file when your in the woods.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

DonT

I have an oregon 511AX. I like it so far,bit of a learning curve.I also file alot.

22chief-1

:)Anyone have any comments on the oregon bar mounted orf109178  115 volt unit ? :)

Thank You Sponsors!