iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yikes! sink hole stumping?

Started by timberlinetree, September 30, 2014, 05:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

Today I have to grind a stump in a 10' radius depression with a few rabbit size holes going somewhere! The lady was nervous about the WHOLE thing.( no pun intended :D) After watching sinkholes on y tube I'm a little nervous. I'll take some pic today while doing it.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

LittleJohn

Just make sure there is a good solid tree a ways away and anchor/tie off to that.  Machines can be replaced, but getting sucked into the ground does not sound FUN

timberlinetree

Thanks! Mission complete but this property has issues. The pics really don't show the depressions but you can see the rabbit size holes. 

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

magicmikey

They come in two categories, suspicious and unknown. :o :)
  mike

sprucebunny

Bet that raised your heart rate a bit !!!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

I have some rocks that would solve the problems of any sinkhole.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

magicmikey

sprucebunny   not till looking back to see what caused the lurch. ;D

cfarm  all my rocks I have had to buy :'(, the soil is lake bottom sediments. Trucking would empty my bank account. :)
mike

Dave Shepard

What is the dozer, TD-9?

My father was cutting hay on a side hill lot about 15 years ago and felt a bump. On the next pass he saw there was a hole there and got off to look It was pretty deep, so he told the landowner. I think it took two or three tri-axle loads of dirt to fill it in. :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

magicmikey

It`s  a TD6 living a life of leisure now. 8) The majority of sinkholes here are easy to spot as a cone shaped depression at the surface. Usual victims are cows.
mike

Thank You Sponsors!