iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Evaluation of sawmill purchase and feasability of commercial use

Started by MikeySP, January 26, 2019, 01:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olcowhand

Quote from: MikeySP on January 26, 2019, 01:51:06 PMI would have thought milling was a young man's game alone until I noted many of you old war horses starting in late 40's on to 60 or so and loving it.
Hey Mike,
Who are you calling "Old War Horses"? Many of us were so pretty, we were used in Parades.... :D smiley_horserider
Thanks for your service.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: doc henderson on January 29, 2019, 11:13:37 AM
found pics in your gallery.  timberking has a scale and digital height/thickness as well.  I am looking for a laser to project down at the leading edge of the blade.  So I can tell when I am behind the log and can drop the head.  If anyone has thoughts.  Thanks BB
Hey doc send me a PM with your phone #. Ill call you.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

MikeySP

OK Gents....  I purchased a sawmill. Would have loved an LT40 Super, but for a song, I got a 2011 LT35HD25G... Just got home with it. Going to start a new thread to attract counsel on where I go from here. 

doc henderson

congratulations!!! look forward seeing pics and following your progress
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

Odd, I came home and can't find my 35 anywhere.....fresh tracks leaving the mill house in a hurry from the looks of it.  :D

Congratulations. That mill will take you a long way. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

MikeySP

Thank you gents! Southside Logger... it is my, my precious! 

Thank You Sponsors!