iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Filmed a Grey Wolf in Canada on Lake Superior's North Shore

Started by Paschale, June 06, 2009, 12:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

I did a circle tour of Lake Superior just last week, and was amazed to stumble upon this wolf that I was able to film for a little bit.  It was very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/v/fhYLV74xSUw&hl

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Kevin

DRB

Boought 20 years ago in Min North of Duluth I was sitting on a deer stand trying not to shiver (temp was below zero) to much when I heard a animal approaching.  The snow was very crusty and it made a lot of noise.  I was sure it was a deer it was following my tacks and I had a deer scent glnd in my back pocket from a big buck my brother had killed a couple days earlier.  I froze and slowly turned to watch in the direction of the noise.  I see a flash of Gray and think monster buck then realize it is a monstor gray wolf that was stalking me because I smelled like a deer.  We looked at each other about 20 yards apart for about 1 minute and both decided not to kill each other.  The wolf then took off.  Wolves being protected in Min the population has exploded and they are much more common now.  That was my first and only encounter with a wolf in the wild.  All I can say is they are big and it could have killed me easy. Of course the high power rifle (7mm Mauser in a Ruger 77) I had would have finished off the wolf easy had it really attacked me but wolf attacks on humans are very rare so I had no fear of it. 

beenthere

DRB
You are some tough if you can stand to carry a deer scent gland in your rear pocket. Pheww!!  (and for two days?)  :o :o :o

:D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!