iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brown (Brown Out) tree paint

Started by KBforester, July 27, 2015, 09:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBforester

Hi Folks,

Anyone have a source of commercially made Brown boundary tree paint? I won't say why I need it  :-X

If not, does anyone have a "recipe" of mixing other boundary line paint together to get a decent brown. It's not an aesthetic thing... I'm not expecting it to look like there is no paint, just to make it clear that the blazes are not blazes.

Any other suggestions for solutions are welcome as well... for example... any other oil based brown paints that people might use on log houses and things like that. No aerosol suggestions please.
Trees are good.

beenthere

Are you just looking for something that shoots from a boundary paint gun?

Otherwise, not clear just what you are asking.

Sounds like trying to cover a blazed line that is on the wrong trees?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

KBforester

I'm looking for a brush on paint solution to cover incorrectly blazed trees.

I've heard of using a paint gun to do boundary lines... but I can't imagine I could get good results in the dog hair woods of Maine.

Thanks!
Trees are good.

sprucebunny

Rustolem brown or grey. Quarts or gallons at lots of stores.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

KBforester

Thanks Spruce Bunny... I had that thought too. That will be on my short list.

Anyone else?
Trees are good.

beenthere

Original post says
Quotecommercially made Brown boundary tree paint?

Led me to think you were after something specific about boundary paint. Now you still ask for more ideas, and wonder why sprucebunny's suggestion isn't good?

Other than color, what else do you need this paint to do for you?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

BradMarks

You said no aerosol.  Why?   Out here black tree marking paint is the #1 solution to incorrect marking. Sprays on quick and easy.  Lasts a long time.

Black_Bear

Quote from: BradMarks on July 27, 2015, 01:14:28 PM
You said no aerosol.  Why?   Out here black tree marking paint is the #1 solution to incorrect marking. Sprays on quick and easy.  Lasts a long time.

When I was at Orono I did a lot of surveying work Downeast and we had to black out two different boundary lines, about 5000' total, that were not marked correctly. I'm not sure who originally marked them, but the blazed trees were up to 50' from the true line in some places. We used black aerosol boundary paint with a spray grip trigger. Relatively cheap, long lasting and the trigger was surprisingly strong for a $4 product.

KBforester

Spruce Bunnys suggestion is a good one. Just wondering if their are any other ideas out there. Options are always good.
Trees are good.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

4x4American

Stihl makes a good blaze remover.  I think it's called the ms461  ;D
Boy, back in my day..

Ron Scott

We use Nelson's black tree paint to correct errors as what BradMarks said. Check with Nelson's Paint Company, they use to made a brown paint also. The rustoleum brown is fairly bright on trees.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!