iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

steak and corn on an open fire!

Started by doc henderson, July 27, 2020, 05:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

spent the past week at the lake with friends who have a boat.  I think the only thing made inside was coffee.  We had a lot of great meals, including fresh caught catfish, and banana split cobbler in a Dutch oven.  we threw tomahawks waiting for coals to emerge from the fire.  we each brought firewood.  some oak and ERC.  Here are the pics of one of our meals.  

nice views

lake Wilson, here in Ks.  you can almost see the mountains off in the ... other state.

sun going down.

Mike the master fisherman, and good at baiting as well.  used poles, trolling, drifting, and jug lines.  He is a good open fire cook as well.

My wife's friend from HS, now a PhD college dean, teaches Medical tech., and their dog Leo, who thinks he is a human.  very sweet...  Leo I mean.  :)

I broke Mike's bait board cutting perch for the jug lines.  so I brought home the clip left on the little chunk of plastic, and mounted it on a 9 x 24 inch, x 1 inch thick piece of maple. and engraved their children's saying from fishing in the past.  their kids are in their mid 20s now.

a nice get away.  the other food was so good, I forgot to get pics.  cheers!

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!