iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this a Carco winch ?

Started by Satamax, March 01, 2024, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Hi everybody. Sorry to bother you with this. 

I know i have seen this style of side plate  with holes before. But can't quite remember where.  I wonder if this is an old carco or hyster winch. 

Thanks a lot guys. 

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

barbender

I can't help with identifying your winch Satamax, but there is definitely no need to apologize. That's one of the things that the Forum is here for!
Too many irons in the fire

rusticretreater

Carco usually cast their name onto the winch bodies.  Hyster did a lot of branding of their winches too.  If no one IDs it, please post more pictures including the cast numbers.  Thx.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Satamax

Thanks a lot guys. Unfortunately, the seller doesn't seem too willing to give me the numbers, as i have asked him already. He said it was on a bulldozer before.  And that's it. 

Worse part is, i have seen a winch with the same cutouts on the left side cover before. I know i want a winch with this shape, to put at the rear of my Brimont. 

But this one is far away. And he wants a gold ingot for it. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Upon further checking, it is not a model E from Carco. Nor a model F, but could be close to the later one. I wonder if this is a european made carco. 

Satamax

Well, does that tells anybody something ?

Satamax

Guys! Found what this is. 

A CA 7 or CA 8 winch, from the french crawler tractor brand Continental. 

https://vieilles-soupapes.1fr1.net/t5733p50-continental-etablissements-richard-freres?highlight=continental 

I would never have guessed. That winch is sold. But one popped right next door to me, with it's tractor, for about 2000€ 

I think i will take the plunge. I have to ask Remi, my friend with the truck and lowboy. 

The whole tractor for 1000€ less than the winch only!  smiley_bounce thumbs-up

thecfarm

That log makes that crawler look small.  smiley_smug01
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Satamax

Quote from: thecfarm on March 23, 2024, 05:21:40 PMThat log makes that crawler look small.  smiley_smug01
It is small, 65 to 75 HP din.

3.3m long or 11ft.

1.5m wide or 5ft. 

about six tons.

Here's the pics of the one i'm looking at now. May be 40 miles from me. 

Satamax

I found the exact one, i think, if it ever helps anybody.

The winch is from a Richard Continental CR8 skid steer doozer A weird thing with huge wheels made specially for the French corps of engineers.

teakwood

Wow, where did you find that thing? how is it steered?
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Satamax

Hello Ramon. 

This was specially made for the French corps of engineer. Who were not too keen on slow bulldozer or other caterpillar machines, to recover damaged tanks. 

It is a 17 tons skid steer. 

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Satamax

Firewoodjoe

Satamax

Due to the weight, i think it is useless in the woods. Some have tried. I never heard of someone actually using it, and declaring it a success. 

There was one for sale on leboncoin, ( french adds site) not far from me. Which i haven't seen lately. Plus one in Castres. On the same site, with no pics. 

Thank You Sponsors!