ebay AUCTION to support our forum - Birdhouse Ornament!

Started by CHARLIE, January 08, 2006, 08:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

HEADSUP EVERYBODY! IT'S AUCTION TIME AGAIN![/b]
We've got another auction goin on ebay! 8)

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8250160844

This type of Birdhouse Ornament is handturned on a woodlathe by yours truly.  I finish each one with a shellac and then polish it by buffing.  Each one I make is unique because of the character and grain of the wood. This one has a Walnut roof and perch and Cherry house.  The wood came from Olmsted County, Minnesota.   I doubt you will see many turned Birdhouse Ornaments in craftstores or craft sales.  They make nice displays or even tree decorations.

Go for it!  Bid it up! Only the winning bid gets it!8) 8)

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

I have one and they are great!  I'll have to go get a picture of ours!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Paschale

I have one of those too...and it was the picture I submitted for the Christmas contest.  It's a beaut!

https://forestryforum.com/gallery2/christmas_2005/Paschale
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Patty

These little bitty bird houses are the best. I have sent 3 to Germany and kept 2 for myself. They are absolutely precious!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

CHARLIE

Thanks a bunch for the compliments!  I really enjoy making them.  One thing I enjoy about woodturning is being able to take a piece of wood from a firewood pile or the forest floor and show the beauty that is in it.  I've gotten so I just hate to see a chunk of wood go into a fire. ;D

It's exciting to watch people bidding for something I made.  The Cherry and Walnut trees that the wood came from grew in rural Stewartville, Minnesota, which is in the Southeastern portion of the state. 

I'm leaving this evening to go ice fishing way up north Minnesota at Red Lake. I'll be back Friday afternoon. Meanwhile I hope the bidding keeps going, it's for a great purpose! 8) 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Minnesota_boy

What route are you taking to REd Lake?  Maybe we can get together for coffee?  IM me, please.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Frank_Pender

Charlie, I am so envious of your skill in making the bird houses as well as the Christmas tree ornaments, I can't bring myself to bid. :'( :'( :'( :'( :)
Frank Pender

Bothy_Loon

That Charlie fella has it all!
Looks talent & Potatoes!
Nice gesture to the Forum from him as well.
By the way folks
A belated Happy New Year
It takes us a while to come round after Hogmanay!
Bothy Loon

mike_van

Looks nice Charley -  I made one this summer, glued up staves of western red cedar, turned it round, made a copper roof,  it's about 14" tall, 6" dia. - I gave it away to our local Historical Society, they auctioned them off as a fund raiser. I never did hear what it brought - First round one I ever did. Fun though.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Jeff

Hey, thats really a nice one! I love copper as it ages outside.

asy

Gosh, Charlie, it's just beautiful!!!

I sure wish I could afford to bid on it, but I reckon CK's pockets are deeper than mine.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CHARLIE

Mike_Van, nice job. I'm sure some bird will be thrilled to live in that birdhouse!  Copper and cedar should last a long time too.

I'm hoping someone out there will enjoy having the Birdhouse Ornament I turned.  I'm pretty excited about this auction.  I've enjoyed being a member of the Forestry Forum for quite awhile now and have made some good and close friends.........some that I haven't ever seen yet. Plus.. and it's a big plus.....I still get to pick on my big brother. ;D

If the bidding goes well, maybe I'll throw in one of my little turned acorns with it.
Charlie

pigman

Quote from: CHARLIE on January 09, 2006, 08:53:07 PM

If the bidding goes well, maybe I'll throw in one of my little turned acorns with it.
What is this maybe business. ::) Are you just trying to get us to bid higher then change your mind. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

CHARLIE

I reckon I shouldn't have used the word "Maybe".........I'll definitely throw in one of my little turned acorns. They are red oak nut with a walnut cap.  They are just for display. :)
Charlie

beenthere

Yup.   Charlie, ya just HAD to throw that little acorn into the auction, and the price jumped immediately.......... ::) :D

:)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Frank_Pender

You know, David, I do not care what Kathy says about you being a titewad.  I hope you win. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Jeff

Frank, Aint that a nice way of saying I hope you pay? ;)

beenthere

That little acorn just may trip my trigger too.  ::) 8)
south central Wisconsin

Gilman

One think about having friends like Frank is that you don't have to worry about what they might be saying behind your back....  They'll be saying right to your face.

Still winning though  8)
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Minnesota_boy

When I called Charlie yesterday morning, he was amazed that you people had bid his birdhouse clear up to $35.  Wait until he sees where it is on Friday when he gets back from his fishing trip.  :o :o 8)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Jeff

He'll probably start listing them himself. :D

Way ta go folks!

I see the top bidder on the splitting wedge bid again to add a cushion. Dont do us any good though unless someone else bids as well.  Looking at bid history is fun and can tell you quite a bit about the auction.  I still have not seen anything from the fellow that emailed me for more information. I checked his ebay auctions and he is also a collector.