iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

592XP and 585 Huskys

Started by Spike60, January 09, 2021, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outinthewood

Think you may have mis-read the manual as it covers 585/592 XP and 592 XPG  it will be talking about the 585 which indeed has an adjustable carb.

DHansen

I will read it again and see what I mis interpreted.  Thanks for the heads up.

outinthewood

I should have added that in common with any other company today if it's a kettle or a quad bike the manuals have been simplified by using pictograms and cover several models so it's not always clear, I think, to see exactly all the info about the item you have ! I think it's almost too simple but maybe that's just me being a child of the 60's and been brought up reading proper instruction manual.

HolmenTree

Well said outinthewood, I'm with you on the 60's thing.
Way back when I bought my first Stihl there was a few German to English translation grammer mistakes in their owner's manuals.
Worse now what we see today with Chinese translation with their products instructions.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

barbender

Oh gosh the Chinese to English translation in some of the manuals...they would do way better to just use Google translate🤦‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

Old saw fixer

I have more trouble with those darn pictograms than anything.  I prefer a nice manual with clear illustrations or  photos. And darn all the acronyms that are cropping up.  If you don't have time to write it out then you are in to much of a hurry. 
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

ehp

So no one is saying much on these saws and how they are working ? 

barbender

I picked one up a 592 at a logging show the other day. That's all I can report🤷‍♂️😊 It actually felt a tad heavier in my hands than the 390xp next to it. It could've even had a longer bar on it or something, I didn't even bother to pull the bar covers off of them. The outfit that had the saws usually has awesome deals on saws at this show, I bought my 390 and 562 there years past  and probably saved $400 between the two. Not this year, they had about half the merchandise of normal and the saws weren't discounted much at all. The older line models like the 390 had some discount, but I think the 592 was $1419 iirc. I think I paid $800 for my 390 4-5 years back (didn't know it was the "good ol days"🤷‍♂️)

DHansen

With fall in the air my 592 will get more use and I can add my 2ยข. I have several big jobs scheduled that will put it through the ringer.  But I am not a heavy user of this size saw.  And all summer I have been running other 60 - 88 cc saws. Older 1 and 2 series Husqvarna.  Summer went by way too fast.

outinthewood

Been running the 585 for about a year and the 592 for not much less, very happy with them as good on fuel easy to use or should I say pleasant to use. I've found I'm using them in place of my 572 as not much heavier or much more to run. They tend to live with a 28" bar although have put 42" 0n 592 and 36" on 585 with no problem as they oil well and have a good power delivery. The 585 runs just like a AT saw and both start very easily. Only niggle is a couple of broken AV springs, tank to case one, along with the exhaust takes a battering. Put up a video and pic of typical type of Spruce I do yesterday on instagram #outinthewoodagain

Guydreads

Good grief @Dhansen how many saws do you have?! I remember when you joined and you were kinda just getting into it (or so was my impression) Now it seems like you have every current model lol I too have expanded since then, but not on your scale lol

dnash

Quote from: outinthewood on September 23, 2022, 02:07:55 AM
Been running the 585 for about a year and the 592 for not much less, very happy with them as good on fuel easy to use or should I say pleasant to use. I've found I'm using them in place of my 572 as not much heavier or much more to run. They tend to live with a 28" bar although have put 42" 0n 592 and 36" on 585 with no problem as they oil well and have a good power delivery. The 585 runs just like a AT saw and both start very easily. Only niggle is a couple of broken AV springs, tank to case one, along with the exhaust takes a battering. Put up a video and pic of typical type of Spruce I do yesterday on instagram #outinthewoodagain
I have similar thoughts on the 592 and have also gone through a few replacement parts; tank to case mount, cylinder to handle mount, outer felling dogs, rewind pulley, muffler
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

DHansen

Guydreads, all I can say is Spike and many others on this fourm are relentless enablers!  For years three main saws an a pole saw was perfect.  Always had two or three backup loaner type saws.  But since my 2511P, I have started enjoying rescuing old Husqvarna saws that just need some TLC.  I like to work on the saws, cut and used them.  I have been in the same house since 1985 and all I use is wood to heat.  

DHansen

My first real saw purchase was 1985 and was my 266xp  two more between then and 2007.  Have never sold a saw.  Gave some to friends, son and son in law.  Just a hobby and work I enjoy.

Guydreads

@Dhansen those are some sharp looking saws. I'll post some pictures of my toys tools maybe.

barbender

The 266 was a great saw. There were probably thousands of them in the woods of Northern MN at one time, before logging all went mechanized. Pulp cutters were usually a 3 man crew with a cable skidder. A faller, the skidder man, and a man bucking on the landing. And by and large they were running Husky 266xp's.

Spike60

Yup, 266 and Jonsered 670 kind of ruled the woods around here as well. The 670 gained some market share as the intake boot addressed the heat transfer issues that the the 266 and Jonny 630 had with the intake block.

I'm an enabler, huh? :) Guilty as charged, and glad to help in any way I can. Thing is that once you get bit, you have to fill in the blanks with all the missing models. Have you run across a 242XP yet?
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

DHansen

No 242xp yet.  Hadn't even looked at one.  See what your doing.  

I know I'm new here, but in the short almost two years, I have found many useful and informative threads here.  I don't know everyone's names, but lots of helpful folks here.  From coast to coast and near by.  It has helped me learn more about my saws and correct what I thought I knew about my saws.

Thanks to all who reply.

Guydreads

@Dhansen same here. I think we joined right around the same time actually

Guydreads

I just checked and you joined about 2 moths later than I 

DHansen

Outinthewoods is correct, my 592 xp does not have an adjustable carburetor.  I have also read the operators manual again, and again and it still would lead me into thinking my saw is adjustable, when it clearly is not.  I also noticed the magnet inline after the fuel filter on the rubber fuel line inside the fuel tank.  Easy to service drive sprocket rim, clutch hub bearing and oil pump.  They sure could put a better manual together for the saw owner.   Can a service manual be purchased?

DHansen

Not a good saw for pumpkin carving!   Happy Halloween.

DHansen

Just some photos.  550xp and 592xp.  The 592 bar has the nose sprocket grease port, the 550 does not.  I personally like the nose sprockets that can be greased, but I know it's not a big deal either way.  Both saws have been working great, starting easy and no performance or reliability issues. Cold start.  I prime 5 times. Full choke one pull, release choke, but stay on fast idle. Next pull they are running. Warm start I just put them on high idle and pull once.

barbender

It seems like every time I've greased a bar tip, then the sprocket blows out shortly afterwards. I think I finally threw my tip greaser into the woods😊

DHansen

If the bar has the grease hole for the nose sprocket, I grease them every time I add gas.  Just a habit started 40 years ago.

Thank You Sponsors!