iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

video posting

Started by luap, January 27, 2022, 02:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luap

Even though this was previously posted, about how to post videos I thought  I would attempt it even as many others have done it. i found it more difficult than just posting photos, mostly because of  having to create the you tube account So now I have it on you tube and it is unlisted so only those that get the link can view it    It is going to invite a lot of ? probably as it is not produced to  tell a story or show how it is done. I don't know how to insert the thumbnail and start button. Titled American no1 sawmill.  I am making progress. I found with the search function, Jeff has given some specific instructions  that I need to become more familiar with on the you tube page of sharing videos but every body likes picture so  here you go I now went back and listed it public.

American no 1 sawmill - YouTube

beenthere

luap (paul)
Copy the link when you have your video displayed on your monitor.
Then insert (paste) that link in your post.

Let's see what happens. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mudfarmer

Worked like a charm! Thanks for sharing.

I have to pay a lot for my cellular data connection, this is the only kind of youtube video I will watch. No fluff, no ads, no jibber jabber just folks getting work done with cool equipment. Good on ya 8)

customsawyer

I'm still learning about all this video stuff. I had tried to post another video last weekend. After 60 hours it still hadn't loaded and timed out. I got to doing some digging and found that my upload speed on my internet was very slow. After a call to my provider yesterday I was able to load 4 videos last night in about a half hour.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Brad_bb

Looks like you've got it!  I've switched to Rumble now to host my videos as I no longer want to be on a platform like youtube that isn't free speech American, but censorship.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

luap

Quote from: mudfarmer on January 27, 2022, 09:19:51 PM
Worked like a charm! Thanks for sharing.

I have to pay a lot for my cellular data connection, this is the only kind of youtube video I will watch. No fluff, no ads, no jibber jabber just folks getting work done with cool equipment. Good on ya 8)
Thanks for the encouragement, I like if they are giving some context but when i see a sawing video and it is 30 minutes long and they have only sawed one log wth three helpers, reversed the carriage multiple times rolled and dogged the cant, get the tape measure out, measure the cant, They clearly don't know any more than that they need to slab, the log.  We all start somewhere, so I hate to be to critical. So that is where some context helps but my mill with a confident sawyer would do that in three minutes, with four slabs and a finished product.

luap

Quote from: Brad_bb on January 29, 2022, 03:27:54 AM
Looks like you've got it!  I've switched to Rumble now to host my videos as I no longer want to be on a platform like youtube that isn't free speech American, but censorship.
I agree with you there. My goal is just to share, I have no intention to be a you tuber and try to be monetized either. i will look into rumble when I have more to share. but right now there is two feet of snow on the ground and some very cold temps. My sons and grandsons will be returning  for maple syrup season and will harvest a few trees to saw later. The oldest is planning a pole barn build and another is planning a tiny home build. I am glad they are putting the mill to use. Some of these mills you see on you tube were somebody's grandfather and sat neglected, rusted  and now need some TLC to run again This way the mill and how to use it get passed on.

Thank You Sponsors!