iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Processor question - Range Road?

Started by woodrat, May 22, 2022, 08:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I think Black's Creek is actually built in Canada. Range Road sure looks Chinese.
Too many irons in the fire

woodrat

Quote from: barbender on June 08, 2022, 06:59:38 PM
I think Black's Creek is actually built in Canada. Range Road sure looks Chinese.
I liked the look of their processors and splitters. And they actually answered my email with a price list and more details. But they are 30-35 weeks out on lead time. And wanting a 20% deposit tied up for that long, too. 
1996 Woodmizer LT40HD
Yanmar 3220D and MF 253
Wallenstein FX 65 logging winch
Husky 61, 272XP, 372XP, 346XP, 353
Stihl 036, 046 with Lewis Winch
78 Chevy C30 dump truck, 80 Ford F350 4x4
35 ton firewood splitter
Eastonmade 22-28 splitter and conveyor
and ...lots of other junk...

leeroyjd

My friend asked about these, so naturally I searched FF.
I'm not familiar with fw processors but was surprised to see the.325 chain on this model.
  Anyone have any input on chain size?

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: woodrat on June 08, 2022, 11:52:10 PM

I liked the look of their processors and splitters. And they actually answered my email with a price list and more details. But they are 30-35 weeks out on lead time. And wanting a 20% deposit tied up for that long, too.
Woodrat is 35 weeks that long a lead time? I mean the way things are these days?   I've seen lead times a lot longer on other machines and I bet you have as well.  

But I do agree 20% down is asking an awful lot.  That's a big leap of faith there.  
And truth be told I would not buy a machine from China.   But that's just me.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Nathan4104

Quote from: leeroyjd on September 21, 2022, 06:13:29 AM
My friend asked about these, so naturally I searched FF.
I'm not familiar with fw processors but was surprised to see the.325 chain on this model.
 Anyone have any input on chain size?
I run a blacks creek, with 325 (058ga) chain.
It's just fine for our wood supply, which is mostly Jack Pine and white birch.  
I thought about swapping up to 3/8 but that's only like one or 2 teeth less to sharpen.  The belt drive will only transmit so much power to the chain,but  with the leverage from the manual handle it is way faster than a chainsaw per cut. 

RocketFirewood

I have a Range Road eco pro 300, I'm about to hit 50hrs ran 30 or 40 cord through it so far. I will say, set up required some tinkering and fine adjustments but I've ran pretty close to 40 hrs without any issues since initial setup. 
Buying this unit you have to understand it's not a comercial unit but for the price I couldn't be happier. 
I have the power infeed and the rr106 log lifter. I've doubled my production compared to cutting and splitting by hand and I don't break a sweat.
If it burnt to the ground tomorrow or got stolen I would order another one immediately.
I only have access to birch and spruce but it will cut and split anything that fits through the cage (16") and I have the 6 way wedge and have 6 way split green birch and spruce 16" logs with no problem.

SwampDonkey

Here's a fellow out your way who does a community firewood thing. He doesn't own the processor, it's loaned and I think the logs are mostly free from mills other than trucking. It's a Dyna, made in MI.  I know @barbender is a fan. :D :D :D splitwood_smiley bike_rider yikes_smiley hurt_smiley

A BETTER WAY TO CUT FIREWOOD IN 2022 - YouTube

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

barbender

Donk, you booger!😂😂 I tried to watch the whole thing but had to tap out where he estimated they're production at 10 cords an hour🤦‍♂️ Maybe he's talking face cords, I don't know. He said he thought they would fit 3 cords on the dump trailer, I have a larger trailer and wood is falling out if I try to fit 1.5 cords.

I think I'll contact Wranglerstar and suggest he do a video on pre-commercial thinning😁

SwampDonkey

Quote from: barbender on October 14, 2022, 07:32:45 AM
Donk, you booger! I tried to watch the whole thing but had to tap out where he estimated they're production at 10 cords an hour‍♂️ Maybe he's talking face cords, I don't know. He said he thought they would fit 3 cords on the dump trailer, I have a larger trailer and wood is falling out if I try to fit 1.5 cords.

I think I'll contact Wranglerstar and suggest he do a video on pre-commercial thinning

Wait for it..........He has, sort of. ::) One of them 'Forester' blades cutting very very light undergrowth in his pine with a weed eater. And being skeptical of the blade until he used it. :D :D :D
The Craziest Chainsaw Ever Made! - YouTube

Yeah I know, my firewood guy I used to buy from could only get 1.5 cords on a 3/4 ton dump truck. :D :D Expensive face cords at $300 a pop. He needs to differentiate between loose tossed and stacked 128 cu ft cords. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

barbender

But hey, he has a new pickup, a loaned new processor and a beautiful Cat CTL...maybe I should follow his lead?!

SwampDonkey

...and now building a 40 x 60 ft steel framed shop. Youtube videos and firewood sales. ;D

barbender

No 40x60 shop here, either🤷‍♂️😊

SwampDonkey

I left a message on his video and he later tried to text. I don't have cell phones, but gave him a note under his text request on his video about where I'm coming from and that I'm not out to bust his lip.  ;)

barbender

It's best if I just keep my distance😂

No cell phone, Donk? I think that makes you and my Dad as the last two guys in North America without a cell phone😊 

Dad and I both worked for the same construction company. The office was trying to get everyone to switch over to direct deposits for payroll. They had sent out a letter for sign up, but I didn't do it. One day I stopped in the office, and the gals caught me and were trying to get me on the direct deposit bandwagon. In a company of about 75 employees, my Dad and I, and one other guy, were the only ones that hadn't switched and it would make things WAY easier for them if we did. So I relented and switched over. I think my Dad kept getting a paper check until he retired😊 And still no cell phone to this day, either😁

B.C.C. Lapp

AAAhhhhh, nope.   Nope it don't Barbender.  smiley_wavy
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

SwampDonkey

Not unless I'm forced to. :D Want nothing to do with them gadgets. ;D I'll be the last hold out so they have to maintain the road side line. :D :D I've had a computer since 1982, so I'm well in tune. ;D

GRANITEstateMP

I still have a flip phone. I'm the only 40yr old that I know who has one. My buddys bust my nuggets about what are you gonna do if flip phones go away? My answer is, No cell phone OR Carrier Pigeon's! 
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

thecfarm

I'm a 61 year old with a flip phone.  ;D
I had a regular phone. Had it in my front pocket, picked up a rock and that was the end of that phone.
Flip phone for me. Or for a while longer. I just have trac phone and buy my minutes. But something about 5g is coming? I will be forced to get a different phone in a year. 
Only reason I have one, is the wife wants me to call her when I drop a tree on my head.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

Smartphones are a mixed blessing, at best. I always said I wouldn't get one, and when I did sign up for a pair I misunderstood what I was doing (I thought they were just normal phones. Wait! Oooh! I can check the Forum on this!)
 I love mine because it is all of the computer I need. I don't have a computer, my wife and kids have laptops galore but anything I would do on a computer I can do on my phone. Emails, I can send business invoices, connect with the printer to print whatever documents I need. It goes on and on. I hate it because of all the time I waste on it mindlessly searching the web, needling people on FB, being on the Forum. I'm the kind of person if you put a full bag of candy next to me, I don't care how big it is, I'll have it ate in short order. No self control with that kind of stuff😂 The only way to not eat the candy is to not have any candy, for me. The only way for me to not waste time on the internet, is to not have the internet. But I have it riding on my hip🤷‍♂️

barbender

barbender

The ideal setup for me would be a smartphone with a very limited amount of data. It would still be there if I need to find a part, ask an important forum question, stuff like that. I'm ashamed that I can't handle unlimited data🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂

SwampDonkey

Well I don't want to get into it about them things. None of my business what someone does on their time. I don't need to be tracked or asked what's for dinner. If you gotta ask that, there ain't none, been cancelled. :D :D

melezefarmer

Here's a quick video of my 12v winch powered infeed table for my little range road processor:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TwTaDkIInMo

It greatly increased speed but more importantly, it's safer to operate now that I'm not trying to slide the logs into the processor by hand.

thecfarm

Oh yes, a rock!!!!
swampdonkey, my phone is some relation to The Jitterbug phone.  :D
I have never been on the internet with my phone. 
To text I have to go through 3 letters at a time. No texting for me. Unless it's a Yes or no answer. 
Wife has a fit when see needs me and I am cutting wood. I don't get back to her until I run out of gas for the saw.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

melezefarmer, that's a nice setup👍

Thank You Sponsors!