The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Timberwolf Pro HD processor parts  (Read 542 times)

Offline Dodqe

• I'm new! Be gentle, LoL
    • Share Post
Timberwolf Pro HD processor parts
« on: November 10, 2022, 04:19:34 PM »
Hey!

Working on a new-to-us Timberwolf Pro HD processor. It needs a new hydraulic motor for the saw. It has a Danfoss 163Y1057 (M077) from the factory. I tried finding a new one but haven't found one anywhere. I called the Timberwolf phone number on their website and left several messages but they never got back to me. Been over 2 weeks. I finally went on their FB page and messaged them there. They got back to me and said their phones were messed up and gave me a cell to call. The guy told me they don't have that motor any more, and have no alternate solution for replacement. No help, LoL.

Does anyone know how to go about finding an alternate hydraulic motor for this thing? I saw in these forums that some people used a motor from Parker (I believe F11), but searching for that on google I get lost. I tried several hydraulic shops to no avail. We're deep into the season and haven't been able to run in weeks. :(

*Edit-
Looks like the Parker F11 keyed straight shaft is only available in 20mm or 25mm
The original motor (and sprocket) are 19mm. Ugh...

Any help?

(pic unrelated)

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
Re: Timberwolf Pro HD processor parts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 04:48:20 PM »
well surely they can give you the specs on the motor so you have a place to start.  might need some attachments for mounting or hoses to change or adapt.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Offline Dodqe

• Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 05:06:20 PM »
Here's what they gave me when I asked for the motor specs (some, but not all specs for a different motor)

Galtech motor
16CC displacement
Flange SAE-A 2-Bolt Mount
Uni-Directional
Shaft 3/4 Key Length 2-1/8. With outboard bearing
SAE-12 x SAE-10 ORB Ports
Internal Drain
I tried finding this motor but haven't had any luck so far.
What they didn't give me was the flow, RPM, and torque. I did find the specs on the original Danfoss M077 but I noticed the displacement is different. 
I'm not really a "hydraulic" guy, and for some reason the shops really don't want to help out (I suppose for liability reasons, understandable). 
I'm at the point where I may start looking for a new saw assembly, but I've seen in other posts those can be hard to get too.

Offline barbender

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 06:16:34 PM »
I don't know what your assembly looks like, or if this would fit, but Parker F11 motors are available. The F11 is a series of motor available in different displacements.

3707249 PARKER ? SP

There are a few very knowledgeable hydraulic guys on here. @fluidpowerpro ?
Too many irons in the fire

Offline Dodqe

• Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 06:34:57 PM »
I don't know what your assembly looks like, or if this would fit, but Parker F11 motors are available. The F11 is a series of motor available in different displacements.

3707249 PARKER ? SP

There are a few very knowledgeable hydraulic guys on here. @fluidpowerpro ?
I was on the Parker website all day today... From what I can tell the F11 keyed shaft is only available in 20mm or 25mm. The sprocket is 19mm. If I do go that route (looking like that's probably my best bet so far) I'll have to figure out a sprocket that'll work with it, and hopefully not have to make new chains... I just got done breaking and spinning 15 chains LoL...

Offline fluidpowerpro

• Hi there!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 08:49:49 PM »
Did a little detective work and best I can tell is that motor is an old Webster unit that has been discontinued. Its an external gear motor so it should be pretty standard. If you know the displacement and match the other specs, a motor from another manufacturer should work. The Parker F11 will work too but that is a bent axis piston motor which is high perf compared to an external gear motor. A lot more costly and you will need to add a case drain line. I did see a company called Legacy Hydraulics that says they have direct replacements for the Webster unit.
You might want to give them a call. 
331-200-5011. 
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Offline fluidpowerpro

• Hi there!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 08:55:01 PM »
If the specs on the Galtech motor are correct, I wouldn't have any reservations using that one.
Change is hard....

Offline Dodqe

• Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022, 08:58:45 AM »
Did a little detective work and best I can tell is that motor is an old Webster unit that has been discontinued. Its an external gear motor so it should be pretty standard. If you know the displacement and match the other specs, a motor from another manufacturer should work. The Parker F11 will work too but that is a bent axis piston motor which is high perf compared to an external gear motor. A lot more costly and you will need to add a case drain line. I did see a company called Legacy Hydraulics that says they have direct replacements for the Webster unit.
You might want to give them a call.
331-200-5011.
Awesome. Thank you for that info! I'll give that number a call when I get back to the shop.
The guy at Timberwolf only gave some of the specs, but also said they are still in the process of designing a new box and motor and haven't landed on a motor yet. I am not sure where he got that galtech from. 
If Legacy doesn't pan out, I'll research further into the galtech. That F11 looks nice, but yeah, it's pricey. 
I'll post an update in a bit. Thanks!

Offline Dodqe

• Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2022, 11:46:52 AM »
Called Legacy Hydraulics.... Nice people there. 
They said they can probably get OEM (163Y1057 Webster), but it'd be 4-6 weeks.
I asked if there were any other options and they are looking up the specs and getting back to me in a little bit.

That's further than I'd gotten with any other hydraulic shop... So that is a positive! Thank you @fluidpowerpro for finding that!

I'll post when they call back.

(crossed fingers, hopeful)

Offline hedgerow

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 12:52:45 PM »
Dodque  Those F-11 motors are crazy high priced. When I built my homemade firewood processor I use a surplus Dynapower/stratopower motor for my saw its a bent axis piston motor like the F-11 is, but was only $250.00 dollars when I bought it. Another place that might be able to match your gear motor would be Surplus Center in Lincoln Nebraska 800-488-3407. Another good source for parts for hyd saws is 6K products out in Tenino WA 360-264-2141. Its a little tough to get motor information out of them as they build hyd chain saws but its good place to buy sprockets and parts to get the saw running if you end up with a motor with a different sized shaft. 

Offline barbender

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 01:20:44 PM »
It's strange to me how tight lipped all of the manufacturers are with what motor they are running. If it was something proprietary that they did the R&D on I'd understand. I can't find any markings or numbers on the motor on my Dyna. They are just a component from another manufacturer...to me it's kind of like Peterbilt taking all of the identifying tags and numbers off of the engine and transmission on a truck🤷‍♂️ 

Offline barbender

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2022, 01:22:14 PM »
Have you ever watched one of 6K's bar sae videos? Make sure and pour a cup of coffee, a cut takes a while. I don't know what their set up is but I sure wouldn't want it on my processor.

Offline Dodqe

• Share Post
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2022, 04:11:07 PM »
Legacy came through! They found a Webster M077 in a warehouse and are sending it on Monday. I should have it Wednesday, and be up and running that processor on Thursday morning.

I think if I ever run into any other problems in the future with it I'll upgrade to a Dynapower if I can.
I'd like the extra speed. I know it won't keep up with our Cord King circular, but at least it'll be quicker than it is now.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate all the input. Definitely adding this forum to my home screen. Y'all are awesome.

Offline fluidpowerpro

• Hi there!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2022, 07:54:25 PM »
Glad it worked out for you.
Change is hard....

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
timberwolf processor

Started by logloper on Firewood and Wood Heating

1 Replies
Last post August 14, 2011, 11:38:51 PM
by Piston
xx
timberwolf PRO MP firewood processor

Started by gunman63 on Forestry and Logging

6 Replies
Last post April 25, 2010, 09:51:36 AM
by mainiac
xx
Hakki Pilke Processor Parts in US?

Started by GRANITEstateMP on Firewood and Wood Heating

11 Replies
Last post April 17, 2015, 09:10:37 AM
by GRANITEstateMP
xx
Looking at purchasing a Rottne 5000 processor Where do I buy parts?

Started by just_sawing on Forestry and Logging

4 Replies
Last post October 02, 2017, 06:16:08 AM
by snowstorm