iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Box for Husqvarna 592xp

Started by JMB66, February 17, 2023, 03:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMB66

The standard Husqvarna Powerbox is too small. I suppose I can convert some plastic toolbox for a chainsaw container, but please share your experience if you already have done it. Thanks.

DHansen

I bought a large Stihl case for my 592 fit is good.  And I can joke about it when I show up with the case and say yep in there is the best saw brand  you can buy!  

DHansen

DHansen

Walnut Beast

Some people don't think those cases are any good and I don't know why. I think for the money they are absolutely great for the money! Very nice protection from getting banged around and from the elements! Now I want a 592 😊

DHansen

In the long haul, a case saves wear and tear on the saw.  Well worth the cost.

DHansen

Example of a cased 266se 37 years old.  Maintenance and care.

barbender

Cute, it even has a diaper!😁
Too many irons in the fire

DHansen

lxskllr

I didn't know they made big hard cases. I might have to get one for my 661. I like to keep the damage limited to when the saw's getting work done.

Walnut Beast

There are two sizes. Just make sure you get the bigger one

DHansen

This is the part number for the one that I put the 592xp in.

sawguy21

I never liked cases, the saw ended up in a pool of chain oil and debris. I sure sold a lot of them to the weekend warriors, most pros sad no.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lxskllr

A big reason I like them is to keep sun off the plastic. Sunlight eats plastic up, and it's taking damage riding in the back of the truck while it isn't doing anything. I don't mind oil and debris. Those are soft and harmless for the most part. Better than tumbling in the back of a truck, or having the cant hook fall on it.

DHansen

There are pros and cons to using a case for a chainsaw.  Taking up more space in storage is one con.  But for transporting in the bed of a pickup, cargo area or back of a trailer it keeps everything cleaner and safer.  Even leaking oil on the stuff you don't want oil on.  Keeps the leaking oil contained in the case, which when needed is an easy clean or diaper change.  Saws leak, and I'd prefer not getting it on my gear.  But that is just my opinion everyone has their preferences.  

lxskllr

Also, regarding the logger vs homeowner. If I were a pro logger, I'd probably be getting a new saw every year or two, and the old one sent down the road, or used as a backup. I might not use a case in that instance. I wouldn't have the saw long enough to worry about random damage. Most of my saws have a good chance of lasting the rest of my life. As long as I don't drop one out of a tree, or drop a tree on it or anything, I should have them a good long time. All that little stuff takes it's toll as the years add up.

Thank You Sponsors!