iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I lost a friend and a novice sawyer

Started by FeltzE, March 18, 2004, 05:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeltzE

Last week I found out that a friend of mine was killed near bagdad by an improved explosive device.

I just tripped over his email address and realized how much I missed him. He used to come down and help me saw and intern recieved a fair amount of lumber ultimately building a 5 acre fenced in with barns horse ranch. Kelly and I sawed a bunch, He learned to operate my WM although never qualifying as a true sawyer by cutting off any of the mill... he was always quick to lend a hand or properly supervise a bonfire (Ranger TV) with a coors lite in hand or 2, ....

He was a special forces Master Sgt.  and a friend.

I'll miss him( Kelly), a good man not afraid of the sawmill or work or anything for that matter.

Next time you guys tip a drink remember Kelly for me, and "Ranger TV"

Thanks

pasbuild

Sorry to hear of your lose
 were sitting here waiting for family and friends to get back home
 almost as hard as being there.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

shopteacher

Sorry to hear of your friends passing.  It's a shame the  world has to be they way it is.  So many friend's, neighbors and family members  lives cut short.  All I can believe is there's a higher calling for those who leave us so soon.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Haytrader

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
Of course he was a son, a grandson, and maybe a husband, father, brother, cousin, father and a friend of many others.
War is hell, plain and simple.
It saddens me to think of any life lost.
This deal is gettin uglier. Answers? Wish I knew.
My gut insticnt is we went in for the right reason but we need to get the hell out ASAP.
Too many religious factions there.
Haytrader

Tom

Bless him for doing what he was doing.  He joins a lot of others who paid the ultimate price for freedom.  I love them all.  

Time heals most wounds, but, the loss of a comrade like that sticks with you forever.  It makes you feel lucky that you had the chance to know them, doesn't it.

Fla._Deadheader

Don'T know what to say. Any lives lost are too many. Know what he must have went through, and, makes me proud to know about him. Sorry for your loss.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

LSUNo1

Sounds like he was a good fella who we would have all liked to have known. The world doesnt have enough good people like that and sorry to hear we have lost one. I'm sure he would appreciate your kind words.

Duane_Moore

:'( I Salute the Man.   Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Kirk_Allen

Sorry to hear about your friend. We will keep his family and yours in our prayers.  

I have three close friends that just shipped out for the second tour in Iraq.  Its tough to stay here while they ship out.  

Our prayers are with all those who are sacrificing their lives for the freedom we enjoy.

DanG

Gee, Eric, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. We hear, almost daily, of casualties over there, but don't expect it to hit so close to home.

I knew and worked with a lot of Special Forces troops in Nam, and I know the sort of men they are.  They are not only the best and brightest of all, but the most mission-dedicated people I've ever been around. Their missions are not always just "guts and glory", but ones of hard work and perserverance in the toughest of circumstances. My hat is off to all who legitimately wear the green beret.

My prayers and condolences go to the family and loved ones of that fine young man.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

I'm sorry to hear of your friends passing. I will do as you suggested tonight.

Frank_Pender

Sorry to hear of you Fe.  It sounds as though you two had some great times togethe, building memories as well as his building thigs from  his sawing with you.  A very nice legacy, it sounds like to me.   Hang on to the good times as they are an Eagle in flight, soaring on the breezes of time. :)
Frank Pender

MrMoo

Sorry for your loss. I will pray for him and his family.

ksu_chainsaw

I am truly sorry for your loss.  Thank god that our unit has not lost anyone.  The situation over here is such that incidents such as that are happening more than we want them to happen.  I wish i could say more, but good luck to you and i hope that you never have to deal with somthing like this again.

Charles

rebocardo

3,000 dead 9/11 and 500+ soliders dead so far. We pray for them all at grace before supper and for the ones still in harm's way for their safety. We will remember Kelly too.

CHARLIE

It saddens me to hear of your loss. His memories will be with you forever. His family and you will be in my prayers as you and they deal with Kelly's loss.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Mark M

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and don't know what to say to help.

Ga_Boy

Eric,

I just saw this post.  Sorry to hear about Kelly.  He was a good man.

HOO YAH KELLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Mark

Ga Boy
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank You Sponsors!