iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Almost pulled the trigger……just could not do it.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 03, 2014, 06:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I have the 420DIT back hoe with the clam bucket on the front. In the 7 years I have owned it I have only used the clam part twice but it is nice to have if you need it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

clww

I think you get what we use on our clearing jobs every day-a CAT model 320. Very, very handy. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Bigbo1234

Well since you stopped at a cat dealership, price is obviously not an issue :).I own a 1978 case 580c backhoe with a full cab, only 2 wheels drive tho, but being a backhoe it does not get suck, all those hydraulics act as jacks in that situation. I made some pin on forks for my bucket out of MC8 and they are tougher than any logs i have tried yet. I also ran a 2005 John Deere 310sj while working for an excavator, that was a sweet hoe, had the extendable backhoe. I would choose jd over cat in the hoe catagory. I work at a large mill right now and we use two Volvo wheel loaders for everything, when it comes to lift power, you cannot beat a front end loader. Plus the articulated design makes then very agile.
Bowen

Freedom6178

It looks like you have a really nice machine I think I'd go thru it or have it gone thru completely to make it like new. Tho a new mach would be nice  :D :D.

This is my 67 case 580 CK it needs a lot of work, hoses and most of the cylinders need rebuilt but it starts and runs like a top. I love this machine.  :) :)

I plan to add a grapple to the bucket once i get a welder ::) and replace all the bad parts over time

I already used it to dig our pond  :) :) :) 8) 8)

------Freedom6178------

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

'12 Mustang, '03 F-250 SD 4x4, Stihl Farm Boss 18"bar, '09 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI

ozarkgem

could I have a load of those pine trees behind your hoe. ;D
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Banjo picker

Everybody does things differently.  I have a 580 K case back hoe and two sets of forks for it, and it will definitely lift more than my M7040 Kubota, but I almost never use the hoe.  The Kubota gets the job done.  Here is it moving a 24' pine log @Meadows Miller cut at my place when he was here....it was not a small log.

We got two 24 footers out of that tree.  Kubota took them up the hill to the mill and Chris cut them up into 2x6's for my cousins remodel. I have a bucket and a hay fork for the M7040 and it pulls my log wagon to boot.  Went and got 5 logs from a neighbor to cut for him today..I am not about to get rid of my 580 K but I use the Kubota much more.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

barbender

Quote from: ozarkgem on September 06, 2014, 09:19:15 PM
could I have a load of those pine trees behind your hoe. ;D
Looking at that browse line, I would suspect there is a lot of white cedar in that stand that the deer have been munching ;)
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Watch this Video. A New Holland may just be your best bet. Its pretty tough......under some conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ88fCLWK80
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

How do they get that stuff on video?  That was one wicked tumble!
Hope the driver was alright.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Dave Shepard

Russian dashboard cam. If you get in an accident, and there is no video, then the one with the deepest pockets gets to bribe the police officer.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Freedom6178

Yep lots of pine, cedar, and aspen some tamarack.. I really need to start to thin it out. Lots of blow down from before we bought it, still a lot of work to do..

------Freedom6178------

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

'12 Mustang, '03 F-250 SD 4x4, Stihl Farm Boss 18"bar, '09 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI

Meadows Miller

G'day

Yep Banjo Picker not small logs at all mate :) 24" on the butt end and three or four limbs in the first 48 feet cream logs indeed  :o ;D ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

ozarkgem

sooooo pull the trigger so we can see what you get. I am anxiously waiting for your new toy, I mean tool.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Thank You Sponsors!