The little mill that could

Started by rlahaise, May 30, 2018, 12:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlahaise

I have had my HM126 for a couple of years now and I just thought I would post a couple of pics of the brute of a Douglas Fir that's on my deck..

20' long and I had to do a bunch of trimming with the chainsaw to make some clearance...the first two cuts off the top took almost a hour... 

This old growth fir is tough stuff to cut... 6 passes with a new blade, sharpened after 3 cuts due to gritty bark I guess... and 15 feed into cut number 6 I broke a blade...   

The Woodland mill might not be big but it sure can cut up a log..

thecfarm

A mighty good job was done!! Poor thing! ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

frazman

That log looks like a beast. Curious on your saw.

Just a question on your saw. Have you cut smaller logs and if so, how has the saw done as for straight and even boards ?

I new here and was looking at getting the 126 or 130 sawmill in 2019. I like the options and construction on the 126 & 130 but the logs in my area could be cut with the 122.

Thanks for any info.

rlahaise

Hi Frazman,.
Sorry I missed your question but if your still interested I have used the sawn for everything from that big fir to splitting 4" pine poles for fence braces... it cuts smooth, straight and square as long as I do my part.

My philosophy is go as big as your wallet will allow if you can.. I never planned to cut anything bigger than 12" and here I am with a 42" fir I had to split with a chainsaw and some leverage from my grapple.

frazman

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting my HM 126 this year...