Turbosawmill in the US

Started by NZJake, July 08, 2019, 04:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZJake

Hi All,

I am after a list of the major timber or farm shows in the US for 2020. Hopefully, the forum has a list here somewhere. Would appreciate it if you could mention some major shows just to make sure I have it on the list.

We are planning to get out there into the US with our products bigtime (looking to attend around 10 shows) in 2020. 

This year we were going to the Shootout but as it's been put off, we've decided to go to the Ozark farm fest (October 4-6) and the Sunbelt Expo (October 15-17).

Our criteria for attending the show is to have an Automated mill ready to cart away. 

We will be offering a 10% discount (on any automated mill) along with training at the show if anyone one is keen to purchase in advance and suggest a major show near them for us to attend.

Thanks.
Jake.
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

Bruno of NH

Northeast Forest Expo
In 2020 its in Essex Jct. Vt
It's in May 
Good show you will see many forum members 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Crusarius

Empire farm days in seneca falls new york. Not sure when 2020 dates are. but 2019 is aug 6-8

https://empirefarmdays.com/

New york farmshow Feb 27-29, 2020

https://www.newyorkfarmshow.com/en/home.html

ny farmshow is more inside and less outside since winter in February in NY can be a bit harsh :) Woodmizer is usually setup outside with a booth inside.

Bruno of NH

Jake
I have a FF show and milling gathering at my Mill in May
I invite some local folks also with some radio coverage from a sports radio show I gest host on.
Would like to see one of you mills run
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Stuart Caruk

I'd love to see a swingblade mill in action near me. I've honestly never seen one, but I'm cutting soem large beams on my Woodmizer that are problematic. A 12" x 28" beam requires a Fir log 32" minimum at the small end. To get a 34' beam requires a 35ish foot log, and that is typically 53" give or take on the fat end. It won't fit through the uprights of my mill, so it requires a lot of trimming, even if I buy top $$ temple logs with minimal taper, they rarely fit.

Seems to me like I could set up a swing blade mill, and saw off a bunch of lumber, flip the log and do it again, and then throw it on the mill to bring it to size. I don't really want a huge breakdown mill, but a swingblade mill that can be set aside when not needed would be a good asset to have around.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

NZJake

Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming back to me. I will check them out. I'm putting a spreadsheet now of a bunch of shows and will have to decide against our schedule.

Keep them coming!

Stuart, yea makes good sense. All you would need is a small manual M6 unit with 13hp. Unless your looking at getting serious.

The M6 sells for $11,800 USD including delivery (all costs covered). We also have a special on the Hobby mill with planer blade and trolley to suit an Alsakan kit for 9K USD. 2 available in our US inventory.

Here is a video: https://youtu.be/uNdnzOwT87M
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30