iDRY Vacuum Kilns

You Were Tagged

Started by den, November 05, 2019, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

den

What does the message, You Were Tagged mean?
Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

btulloh

It means someone put your name in a post preceded by @

Like this: @den 
HM126

lurk

It's basically telling you someone mentioned you in a post, so you can go see it.  ;)
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

Ljohnsaw

I think of the purpose is to invite someone into a conversation that may add valuable information or are the butt of a joke ;).  Very useful in such cases. 

If a member is already part of the conversation/thread, they will see that a new post has been made to the thread if they click on the "Show new replies to your posts", in the upper left.  Adding a @member to someone that is already present in the thread just "adds noise", IMO.  But, I'm just a grumpy old fart. ;D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

No I do not think that you are grumpy at all, and I agree that needlessly using the @ notification when that person is already in the conversation is a distraction because the PM notification has to be read and cleared to get rid of it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

barbender

I can not get rid of the PM notification. I've looked at all of them, but it still comes up every time I go to the "show unread posts" screen🤷🏽‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Refresh the page after you read the notifications.

Go to your "profile information", mentions, and then settings.  Unclicking the box should stop the notifications if you choose to not get them.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman