iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2019 Christmas Contest! WINNERS POSTED VIS VIDEO!

Started by Jeff, December 10, 2019, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

December 25, 2019 - YouTube

Elf Locations:
S  Riteleg Website
N what you sawing first post
O Logrite website
W Christmas gift & card topic
F CF profile
L Search
A Toolbox
K general board
E Dc henderson profile
S bluecreeper website

Another year has gone by and it is time for our annual Christmas Contest!  This year I'm calling it the Elf on a shelf contest. There are ten hidden elves. You may have to stray a bit from the Forestry Forum to find some of them, but most of them will be found quite readily by just looking around. I'm giving you all the tools and clues to find them in this post, so think and keep your eyes open! I'm hoping that this will get some of you to look around the forum and sponsors a bit and see what you discover rather than just heading for the whatcha sawing thread  and no where else. :D  I've made this contest so that you won't have to use the search function over and over to get your answers as that is very hard on the forum server.

What you do:  Find the ten elves. Each elf has a letter and a number. The letter is to help form a word. The number tells you where that letter is in that word.  Once you have the word, you use it to complete this address:

http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=REPLACE WITH YOUR 10 letter WORD   (all small letters no caps!)
When you successfully complete the address you will be taken to a success page where you will find a secret phrase and a link to submit that phrase and your entry.   Prizes will be drawn sometime Christmas day from all the successful entries. Contest closes Midnight, my time, Christmas Eve.
Please make sure to thank the following for our prizes!
@thecfarm has donated a forestryforum hat of your choice. winner: @Wallydawg 

@doc henderson has donated a Laser engraving. You will work out with him a photo and size. THEY ARE AWESOME! winner: @mroldstyle 

Logrite has donated a 48" Cant Hook or peavey winner: @davch00 
Blue Creeper has donated a value pack and oil can winner: @stevegee58 
Ritelegco has donated a set of 4 sexy single legs for your slab or table. winner: @jeeper9574 

Thanks Kevin and Tammy!

So, hopefully I am not forgetting anything!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tam-i-am

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Old Greenhorn

SO much for going to bed early tonight! :D I (we) had a lot of fun with this last year. This should be interesting. Thanks Jeff and Tammy.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Ljohnsaw

Hmmm, tough.  I only found 3, 6 & 7 so far...
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

btulloh

Even tougher here. I only found #8 so far. Trouble is, I can't stop looking until I finish. 
HM126

thecfarm

Need some help? Might help to keep searching. Even digging around in your tool box might help. Maybe even sawing on your woodmizer might help some. Maybe a check up with the Doc will not do any harm. Going to the farm will make you think straight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

btulloh

Done! 

Another fun one, Jeff. Easier this year. We should end up with a lot more contestants this year. You're going to need a bigger prize wheel. 

:christmas: Jeff and Tammy and all the good members of the Forestry Forum. 
HM126

51cub

I got all but one letter. I didn't have numbers on a couple of them. What I thought was the word from what I have didn't work
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Old Greenhorn

you guys are killing me, this is what happened last year. Not easy for me, I have no idea where you are looking. I got 4 letters, but only 2 with numbers. Arrgghhh!
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

btulloh

Not sure why, but on my PC (using Chrome) some of the elves didn't show up both the number and letter correctly.  On the iPad (using Chrome) everything was ok (using the full site).  If you're having trouble with the letters or numbers it could be a similar issue.  Don't know if it's a pc thing, or Chrome thing.  Or maybe it's just Jeff messin' with us.  Just FYI

I never found all the devishly hidden dwarfs, but after four letters I made a lucky guess.

Here's a big hint though:  It's got nothing to do with grits!  And there's far fewer of them down here than up there.  

(Not much of hint really, but somewhat of a hint.  Wouldn't want to spoil the fun.)
HM126

51cub

I think I'm probably using the right word then. Maybe I'm replacing it in the wrong place
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

btulloh

It goes after the "=" sign. Everything that's after the equal sign needs be deleted. Only the mystery word goes after the equal sign. 
HM126

Old Greenhorn

OK, done. Thanks Jeff and your cohorts for another challenge. It was NOT easier than last year, but I am getting used to your 'odd quirks' a bit more and worked my way through it a little faster this year. Thank you for a fine contest and big thanks to all the prize sponsors. I think the contest is fun enough on it's own, but the prizes are a bonus. I enjoy listening to the chatter afterwards about the prizes and how they go to good homes that use and enjoy them.
 At least I can get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. Last year was a long one for me and I paid for it the next day. :D

thecfarm

Last year contest kept me busy for a while. A lot of a while. ;D  A few hints was needed too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

straincm

Another great contest by Jeff. Thank you again. I struggled yesterday, but came in with a fresh mind this morning and got it pretty quick. 

Merry Christmas to all and thank you to all the sponsors for some great prizes.
:christmas:

Rodman

Roxie

I actually saw one this morning before you announced the contest and I thought 'what in the world is that guy doing with that elf there'? 
Good times.
Say when

Chuck White

Me too, Roxie!

That's one of the four I've found!

Not much luck with it this year!

Still jump in here and look around a little!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

btulloh

Maybe some of the elves haven't made an appearance yet.????? 

Don't know, just wondering. 

Ljohnsaw did find some numbers i didn't find.  There must be some nooks and crannies I haven't located. (I did find two immunity idols though!)
HM126

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: btulloh on December 11, 2019, 04:27:44 PMI did find two immunity idols though!

???
I'm up to 5 now, #s 3, 5, 6, 7 & 9.
John Sawicky

btulloh

It's interesting that you haven't found #8. That should be the easy one. Maybe the most useful too.

Edit: or maybe you did find it and you're calling it #7?  That particular elf looks like 7 on my pc but is actually 8. There are some discrepancies when viewing elves on my pc in chrome, but no problem on the ipad. I wonder if anyone else is having issues?? @ljohnsaw
HM126

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: btulloh on December 11, 2019, 04:32:57 PMThat particular elf looks like 7 on my pc but is actually 8.

It is absolutely clear on my PC the the Elf has a letter (lowercase vowel) on his knees and the number 7 to the lower left.  Do you need a screwdriver or something to adjust your glasses for this one? ;)
John Sawicky

btulloh

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 11, 2019, 05:08:56 PM
Quote from: btulloh on December 11, 2019, 04:32:57 PMThat particular elf looks like 7 on my pc but is actually 8.

It is absolutely clear on my PC the the Elf has a letter (lowercase vowel) on his knees and the number 7 to the lower left.  Do you need a screwdriver or something to adjust your glasses for this one? ;)
That's always a good bet.   :D :D    
That's #7 you got there for sure. 
HM126

Thank You Sponsors!