iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

grapple loader trailers who has one and what brand?

Started by logman81, October 29, 2014, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

brendonv

Im going to be rear mounting mine this winter. This trailer saves me soo much time and labor. Cheap to run.

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

BargeMonkey

Im impressed with the size of the stuff you guys are picking, and how much your getting on one of those trailers.  :o  my forwarder only averages 3.5 cord / 2mbft.

brendonv

When I sell log length my customers end up with 2.25-2.5 cd. No overhang on the 15' deck

www.VorioTree.com

logman81

I'm impressed to some of those logs are good size. You say you sell log length and get about 2.5 cords on it that's awesome.  One of the reasons for me wanting to get one is to sell log length to customers. Nice pictures!
Precision Firewood & Logging

David-L

Lopet, yes the tractor seat turns but I have not set up a holder for the crane controls. wish i could afford electric over hydraulic. My kelsa trailer holds two cords of straight 12' roundwood. the crane can pick up some pretty large logs if done right.

David l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

brendonv

This log impressed me yesterday. 20"+ small end. 25"+ big end. 18'6" long. Spruce but still not an issue for a used loader that needs some love.

www.VorioTree.com

LittleJohn

OK, Now I have to go out and use my drey skidder, cause I want to post a picture of my grapple trailer.  :D :D

logman81

Got the quote this morning,  a little more then I expected!

brendonv

Yep. A good metavic will be 35$k +. Jms about 25k+.

That's why I think there aren't many out there.  I know a goose that might come up for sale. But expect to give 18k

www.VorioTree.com

BargeMonkey

Quote from: brendonv on October 31, 2014, 11:42:29 AM
Yep. A good metavic will be 35$k +. Jms about 25k+.

That's why I think there aren't many out there.  I know a goose that might come up for sale. But expect to give 18k
Thats the thing, if you have 1 small truck you can justify that. 35k gets a new pitts log trailer and a nice used loader, but I know most guys dont like the tractor headaches. 1380.00 a few weeks ago just for 1 yr registration. Not the overwidth permit, just registration.  :o

logman81

Yeah got a quote of just over 27k. I'm not sure if it's worth the price or not? I don't have a goose neck setup so that wouldn't work for me. 

brendonv

After owning one I'd buy a new one if I had to. Would hard to justify the money never using it prior. My trailer cost $95 for five year reg. I blew a tire this year that was $300. Owned it for probably five years that's all I've done to it. Actually one trailer plug.

www.VorioTree.com

logman81

So in your option it's well worth the investment.

OneWithWood

If you buy a grapple trailer get the beefiest grapple offered.  I have a 10ton JMS similar to DR Buck's.  It costs $400 to plate it each year.  When I need the trailer it is priceless but it still hurts to put plates on it every year.  I bought the 10ton because I thought I might load my JD450C crawler on it on occasion.  Did not do that because the deck height is such that I would have had to put an extensive beaver tail on it and the length would have been unwieldy.  Plus I still would have needed a way to stow the arm.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

M_S_S

Logman 81, if you have a 3/4 ton truck it doesn't take much to install a ball for a gooseneck. Trust me they pull better than a bumper pull and your weight is over your axel. Ed
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

logman81

That spruce that you lifted on weighs about 1700lbs!

OneWithWood

I often wish I would have gone the gooseneck route.  The maneuverability is far superior with a gooseneck.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

logman81

Found a sillvahill hill demo unit for sale? I contacted them to see if it's still available.

brendonv

www.VorioTree.com

logman81

Well that's a good question, as little as possible lol! I've got to sell the skidder first then I'll have some money to spend.

lopet

I too am impressed what you guys can pick up . Member   bill m   I think has a metavik and moves huge logs too.  Just thinking, those arms lifting this big logs means the steel must flex quite a bit. :o
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Dave Shepard

bill m's unit is strictly an off road unit. His has the four wheel drive option, and I think the hydraulic pivot option. He has moved some large 16' white pine butt logs with it. Very impressed.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

repmma

Patu 575 loader, I think its a 7T trailer if I remember right.  Got it used.

Also have a 205 loader on a homebuild trailer.

Why do I have two?  Because I have a problem.  My names Ron and I cant pass on equipment at a "good" price!
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

David-L

Well Ron, Thats just how I feel on good deals. Snatch them up or somebody else will.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thank You Sponsors!