iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

The worst was we drove all the way to Allstead N.H. and forgot the connections we needed the most. Chemo brain is a real bummer.
Ed K

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

mike_belben

happy sugaring ed. i hope you're able to make the best of it with the mrs.  
Praise The Lord

nativewolf

Hope you are able to get some good sap runs!
Liking Walnut

Ed_K

Yesterday we went to Webb supply that sells maple supplies from CDL, I don't know what the letters mean but their a little more expensive than Leader Co. They didn't have the parts cause they didn't sell enough to make it worth while, the Vt. store did so I ordered what I wanted. Anyway by lunch I started feeling bad ( like missing pain meds does to you) I got real anxiety feelings and couldn't hardly walk around I was so tired. It scares me as I know that I didn't miss any of the meds (everything is laid out in hour intervals) and trying to figure out what to do without calling the Dr. I'm so scared that if I talk to him he'll put me in the hospital to do test ( done that before) and I'll end up getting the covid 19. I finally tried one of the anxiety pills, that droped the feeling down some,but couldn't stay awake. This morning I feel better but the shaking I get is still a little bothersome. It may be that the new chemo is still a little strong for my body, Dr, had dropped it some back in Dec.
Ed K

Old saw fixer

Hang tight, Ed_K.  Let the Doc know what's going on.  We're pulling for you!
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

mike_belben

Just now reading of last weeks anxiety attack and sorry to hear of it.  Did you make any progress on getting the maples tapped?
Praise The Lord

Ed_K

We're tapping now, but Rita is doing most of it. I walking around fixing line that need repairs. Thanks, Mike.
Ed K

Ed_K

Last week I had an in person meeting with my cancer Dr. to talk about the shaking and high anxiety. He doesn't have any answers as to why I'm having these feelings but he has other patients with the same thing that he will tell them to try a prescription for anxiety. The lasix 20mg I've been taking has worked some but I was still getting winded when walking a fair amount up hill. So the Dr. doubled the dose to 40 mg. and after 9 days I'm feeling less winded. Rita read a report on Web MD about heart disease and shortness of breath and asked him if that could be of concern so he has me scheduled for an electrocardiogram. I hope that this turns out to be just to much water in my body, as I don't want to have him lower the chemo dose and then have it not work. The light chains numbers are what I watch ( 0 being no cancer) and I was up into the 600s when the first type of chemo stopped working and right now it back down to 172.38. The lowest I've been was 128. Some day it would be nice to see that 0 and get back into logging.
Ed K

Roxie

Yes Ed, that would be wonderful. 
Say when

Texas Ranger

Keep the faith, brother.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

mike_belben

Well driving around springfield would give any country folk anxiety!  

Prayin for your zeros Ed. 
Praise The Lord

Ed_K

Thanks all, I'm happy with the way thing are going right now 8).
Ed K

Bruno of NH

I praying for you Sir
You will make it to 000
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Tacotodd

Just the same as Bruno said X2!
Trying harder everyday.

Ed_K

Yesterday I went for my 2nd Monthly chemo shot in the belly and also had a consult with my MM Dr. in the conversation he said that they have enough info on the covid shots to go ahead and get one. Now I have to decide if I want one (I never get flu shots an never had the flu) and which one to get. Rita is pushing for the pfizer shot.
Ed K

thecfarm

I never had the flu either, But with my bad lungs the Dr is always pushing the flu shot. which I take. 
Never had covid either, but I had the shot. 
I am very luck. I really don't get a cold. Known Brenda for 25 years, only seen me down twice, once with an ear infection and something went on about a year ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Ed_K

I had to get one of my pain meds yesterday and they said they had extra Phizer shots available. My Dr. said it would be ok now to get the covid shot as not many cancer people had bad reactions, so I went ahead and got the shot. It's early morning but so far I haven't had any reactions. We will see  ;D .
Ed K

thecfarm

I wish you well. 
I know you are on meds and have that DanG cancer, but I had no reaction to The Shot at all. I hope the same for you too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

So far a very little sore arm. Problem with this shot is that I'm having problems with shaking and I tried a one of the muscle relaxers that my primary Dr. gave me for when I have muscle spasms in my rt shoulder, so I tried that yesterday and it put me into too deep of relaxation and slept all day and last night. I feel better this morning but can't tell if I had any reactions to the shot from Sat  ;D >:(.
Ed K

mike_belben

I could really go for a sleep like that now and then!
Praise The Lord

Ed_K

I got the 2nd covid shot yesterday morning and so far no reactions to it. A little sore in the arm, I don't think the shaking that I had during the first shot had anything to do with the shot. It was more likely the darzlex belly shot of chemo that started the shaking, it went away a few days later as the darzalex left my system.
Ed K

Ed_K

Well as far as covid 19 go I got a antibody test done last week and this morning I got an e-mail stating that I have 0 antibodies in my system. I'm guessing that the anti viral meds I take for the cancer must of killed the shots. Wondering if it worth getting the follow up 3rd shot.
 I've been having problems with p n for the last month and the Doctors sent me for a urology look up the blatter and prostate (if you think a colonoscopy is bad try this). Everything was ok so now I'm getting more pills added to what all I've been taking, I'm up to 16 pills one being a chemo med then once a month I get a shot in my belly with another chemo drug. All this to keep me alive an people complain about a covid shot.
 Anyways my light chains that tell how much cancer is in me must be down a lot cause I've been feeling good and want to try doing a small logging job for my forester that use to keep me in work for 20 yrs.
Ed K

HemlockKing

Stay healthy, stay well. Looking forward to a couple pictures of that small logging job  ;D(in the what are you cutting thread of course). Good to hear you're feeling better lately
A1

Thank You Sponsors!