iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sky scenes  

Started by Bibbyman, February 15, 2003, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativewolf

Quote from: Texas Ranger on March 16, 2017, 12:18:11 AM
Quote from: thecfarm on March 15, 2017, 09:47:00 PM
Texas Ranger that looks almost fake it's so pretty.

this year better than most

Good rains I guess.  It was a great picture!
Liking Walnut

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

Aurora isn't common here, so when the news said it might be seen, Lil says, "we should go have a look". No worries, think best spot will be 3,000 ft up the Mt, looking South. OK, it's a few degrees above freezing and pitch dark (no moon) when we rock up to the viewing platform at Dawson Falls visitor centre.

Anyway the lights where barely visible to the naked eye.  A camera is more sensitive to low light colours, so you could capture more than you could actually see. Several of the folks only saw on camera viewfinders.

Tim, a local professional photographer was there too, and got a better view with his pro camera and lens.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/destinations/91861007/taranaki-photographer-captures-the-rare-aurora-australis

For reference he was shooting ISO 10,000 with a F2.0 lens and 25 sec exposure. My pic was ISO 1600, F 3.5 and a 30 sec exposure, and a bit of tweaking with the contrast levels.

Anyway Lil's bucket list is to see a real overhead Aurora. Tricky in the Southern hemisphere.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Hilltop366

Cool!  I can only remember seeing the lights once here, it was quite faint but neat to see.

Hilltop366

Took a late evening canoe paddle at the camp last night.

Woodcutter_Mo

-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Woodcutter_Mo

Panoramic of the same sunrise

-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

Ianab

Cellphone pic of the sky tonight.  :)

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

caveman

Predawn thunder cloud over Tampa  Bay while JMoore and I were netting bait. 

Rainbow in a cloud out over the Gulf of Mexico. 

We were fortunate to dodge all of the small storms. We even saw a waterspout in the distance but the picture was not impressive.
Caveman

runmca

From the backyard. Chased it for awhile, no pot, just a bunch of ticks  :laugh:

Roxie

Rainbows are hard to capture, and that's one of the prettiest I've seen.   :)
Say when

coxy

Quote from: Texas Ranger on March 15, 2017, 09:06:27 PM
Spring in Texas.

that is neat I must have missed that one  never new there was hill in Texas :D

runmca

I was able to capture this on my phone after a passing shower yesterday. The camera picked up the faint double but I couldn't see it with my eyes.

Ianab

Very moody picture of the sun setting behind the Mt as I was packing up the mill last night. The dark area is the Mts shadow in the air. The sun is just behind the peak.

Bandmill Bandit

Sunset on the lake we like to camp at every fall.

And sunrise the next morning with my son and one of my daughters paddling the lake in the cedar strip canoe I built 30 years ago.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Woodcutter_Mo

Sunset from Tuesday evening
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

LIL

It's been a wee while it seems that this thread has had a post.  I took this today while out on my walk.  I though it looked like a backdrop perfect for a princess - being we watched the Royal Wedding on TV last night :) 

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Woodcutter_Mo

Pic of a shelf cloud (think that's what it's called ???) ahead of a storm this evening
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

Ianab

Slept in this morning, so I scanned the local web cameras instead.

From out East, looking back towards home and the Mt.

Another cam that's a bit further down the road, looking East towards the central Mountains.

Must get up early one day and go take some of these pics myself.  :D These are web cams at a local internet companies remote microwave stations. Most of them are remote and solar powered, and  get wireless internet down into those valleys, where even the phone lines are suspect.  

IMERC

thanks people for your great pictures....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

IMERC

some from around here...

IMERC

a few mo

re....

Bibbyman

Big Bird July 2018 - YouTube

Stepped out of the house and heard a plane but it sounded strangely familiar in a different way.  B17 bomber.  I didn't get good video of it with my phone.  I couldn't see it on the screen so had to just guess where it was.  It was heading to St Louis to an air show.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Chuck White

Nice video Bibby!

I remember back when I first went into the Air Force, my first job was Ground Crew mechanic on Reciprocating Engine Aircraft!

Very Rewarding!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!