iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moving day!

Started by CTL logger, July 13, 2013, 11:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

First time moving my Timberpro forwarder today hope it all goes well.

treefarmer87

hope everything goes smooth. machine still looks great
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

clww

I hope it goes smoothly for you and the machine, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

CTL logger

Everything went smoothly, not bad for first move with it. Had to take the back stakes out was 14' didn't want any problems. We moved about 175 miles north, now to get some softwood wacked and stacked.

Ken

Have you had good luck with the new forwarder?  Nice looking stand of softwood in the background.  I would love a crack at that block.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

thecfarm

That is quite the forwarder. I like the way you can work in front too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CTL logger

This is what the job looked like when we started last year it's 39 acres probably only 15 or so left to cut. Haven't had any real issues with the Timberpro forwarder only needed a new set of batteries and a solenoid for the fans the sent them the next day. The things you can do with this machine are impressive, it would be hard to talk me into going back to the other type. I looked at the fuel it's used so far the other day averaging 2.6 gallons per hour. It only burns 5 gallons more a day than my cat but I'm averaging 35 more tons per day.

PAFaller

That looks like a pretty productive site for your equipment spread. Im guessing your production goes up a bit in softwood? Or is there not that much difference? That looks like some of the CCC pine and larch plantations we have over this way and up in to New York, but not too much management work in them in my forest district anyhow.
It ain't easy...

Northern Timber Harvesting

where is that. If you need any trucks to angelica, send me a message. My truck will be down your way and I'm up by angelica right now.

nk14zp

How many tons a day has the new forwarder averaged?
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

CTL logger

Quote from: nk14zp on July 14, 2013, 03:33:40 PM
How many tons a day has the new forwarder averaged?
Around 130 ton per day on the hardwood we were cutting some skids were long but I try to get 7 or 8 forwarder trips a day.

nk14zp

That sounds like real good numbers!  Years ago when I saw a forwarder like yous(not the same brand) I said that is the way to go.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Maine372

I see you got an rotobec (or similar) grapple. most forwarders I see come with European style grapples. any reason you chose one over the other?

CTL logger

Quote from: Maine372 on July 15, 2013, 08:33:26 PM
I see you got an rotobec (or similar) grapple. most forwarders I see come with European style grapples. any reason you chose one over the other?
I had the other type on my cat it was a Prentice I welded it many times it broke right beside the factory welds where the pins go through on all 4 pins. The steel wasn't good quality steel it cracked 3 times in the middle of the tongs, so I went with a grapple known for reliability and you can sort logs easier with it. Only complaint is it picks up more brush than a suregrip would, it's a 5052 with a  protec snubber.

barbender

How many tons per load on that beast? I'm thinking you must get almost 7 cords a load. The Ponsse Buffalo I run would average around 12 ton I think, they will haul 5 cords, 6 if you REALLY mound it up :D, our wood is #4500-#4800 lbs/cord depending on species.
Too many irons in the fire

CTL logger

It's been averaging about 19 ton per load with hardwood so almost 9 cord. We cut our wood 23' long it handles a load much better than my old cat did. I ordered the Timberpro with a 18' wagon and I believe that's one reason it handles better.

chevytaHOE5674

Nice looking machine, sure looks like fun to run as long as the stand is open enough to maneuver around in.

Thank You Sponsors!