iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

indoor wood furnace

Started by KDEC19, September 15, 2005, 09:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDEC19

Was wondering if anyone was heating with some sort of indoor wood boiler.  Something like the central boiler but for the basement indoors.  Thanks
gonna do it again......

hardwood

arj

I have a hot air combination wood & oil furnace  "Newmac" made in Canada I`m on my second one the first is 30 years old. It`s got a crack or two in the heat exchanger I hope to fix and use to heat my garage

beenthere

KDEC19
I heat with an indoor wood boiler, that is right at 30 years old now.
See this thread
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=4885.msg65258#msg65258

Boiler in front, with pre-heater for domestic hot water in stainless steel 30 gal tank just behind, and backup propane 'boiler' behind them all on the right.  This wood boiler has a 9 gal. water jacket that easily heats a 1400 sq ft house in Wisconsin (some major stoking when it was -30° and 30 mph wind one winter!). About 6 cords a winter.   I understand that only 'boiler' certified wood boilers can be used in the home now, which makes the cost prohibitive and is one reason the outside boilers are used now.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mike_van

KDEC,  I'm in Ct. also, I use a Harmon wood/coal  boiler, email me if you want to come check it out sometime.  Works well,  100% happy with it for the last 10 years.
Mike
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

bull

I have a Newyorker, it works quite well.

sawdust

Have a look at www.woodboilers.com
TARM USA INC.
Lyme NH
603 795 2214

They make indoor downdraft gasifier boilers.

Sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Thank You Sponsors!