iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2019 16th annual PiGROAST RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 03, 2019, 03:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb616

thanks for the awesome looking coasters @doc henderson . I was looking for a guy with a beard and didn't realize I was talking to you! Do you have any posts on your laser etching?  Thanks in advance. 

doc henderson

you are welcome.  I still struggle putting handles with real names and faces, not to mention winter vs summer hair!  I struggled to finish all things prior to leaving for the PR.  I had 2 days of advanced trama life support the fri and sat before we left on sunday.  I have a thread on laser engraving, and I toss them in here and there.  here is a wedding board that people will sign, and a ring carrier before I bored the ring slots in, and a cup to hold sequins for the flower girl.  this is for a wedding for one of my Dr. friends and her carpenter husband.  you can see their day is fast approaching.  I wish I had time to of made a plaque or tile for Jeff and Tammy prior to leaving.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sixacresand

Nancy and I thoroughly enjoyed the Pig Roast.  Thanks to Jeff and Tammy for making it happen and hosting it.  Thanks to sponsors for the prizes.  Thanks to everyone that took time off to travel and attend.  For us, it has been five years since we last attended.  The PR was the high light of our 14 day trip.  Glad to be home.  Got a lot of grass to mow!

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Dan_Shade

I made it home this afternoon.  1689.9 mile round trip.

And Chet jinxed me:  I got caught a downpour a half hour from home.  I got soaked! 

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Warbird

So how did you guys like that 'plinko-like' game??  We got to test it out when we visited a week early.  My son Jay loved it.  :D  

Unfortunately, we couldn't make it work to stay for the roast.  Sure would've liked to have been there.

doc henderson

yes it was great, we all won some prizes.  very fun

K-Guy

It's always a good time with good food, getting together with old friends and making new ones.

Job well done Jeff and Tammy!!! :)
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

scsmith42

Great pix!  Sure looks like an outstanding event.

Jeff- I like the fire ring and the timber bench!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Dan_Shade on August 05, 2019, 09:38:48 PM
I made it home this afternoon.  1689.9 mile round trip.

And Chet jinxed me:  I got caught a downpour a half hour from home.  I got soaked!
DanG dat Chet! LOL
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

goose63

Quote from: Resonator on August 04, 2019, 01:41:17 PM

I sure did! Some friends of mine in the music store business gave me an EXTREMELY good rate on a Bass and Amp for the weekend. Danny liked it!
Now Danny me thinks you were one of those telling me if win the grand prize Iwould have to play itand now a year later I find out you can play and you did'nt play mine shame on you ;)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

RichTired

I would also like to add my thanks to Jeff & Tammy, his family, friends and neighbors who helped put on this event!
This was my very first FF Pig Roast and I enjoyed it all.  Good fellowship, Great food, and prizes to boot.  It was worth the 1750 mile round trip from Alabama to Harrison, MI.

I would also like to thank all the FF sponsors who provided support or door prizes.

Jeff visiting with some of the guests.

Resonator and Jeff jamin'

Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Howdy

Please enlighten those of us who were unable to attend this year:
What games were played and what prizes were won?
How many people attended?
Did Tammy walk around carrying any big cabbages?

Resonator

Jeff constructed a "Plinko" like game, where each contestant was given 3 cedar disks to roll on edge down a ramp. These went across concrete, and into wooden slots marked with + and - numbers, the total of the three giving the score. Hats, key chains, pencils, backpacks, flash lights, toy chainsaws, ceramics, band saw blades, and a Log -Rite log lifter were among the prizes. The grand prize was a Stihl backpack style leaf blower. I would rough guess 75 - 100 total on Saturday, including Jeff's family, friends, and neighbors. The only cabbage I heard mention of was in the boiled dinner. There was a "surprise guest" who appeared during the Plinko game, hopefully someone got a picture! :D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jeff

Thanks to all that a part in making this year's pigroast a great time!   I'm just getting back after having left with Steve Beecraft Sunday afternoon to go to the cabin for a few like in the olden days!  Had a great time. We picked almost everything up that was in the yard before we left. Always lots of help when we need it. :)   Now its time to catch back up and convert the pig roast central pole barn back to being just a garage and pole barn and shop. :)  The yard was surprisingly long after having such a workout just 3-4 days before. Harley missed me. Tammy did too. :)

I also have to now dig up my well. >:(
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

oh!  Quick mention in case anyone was wondering. The surprise appearance was known of in advance by the surprise appearance subject. ;)

LAZERDAN

You have to dig up the Well, Hole in the pipe, between the well and the House.??                                                                                                                  Lazerdan

Jeff

THe pump kicks on every few minutes for a few seconds when there is no call for water. Very low pressure until the pump kicks on, then it is normal. The sprinkler system is designed to take enough water to keep the pump running, so that is the only time we get good pressure to take a shower. Otherwise, it is bad, then good, then bad, then good.

This is a pvc well. Buried bladder tank which I feel is probably the issue plus there must be a leak due to the pump kicking on when there is no water call.

Mike W

Little or no water pressure until the pump engages is most likely the failed bladder in your pressure tank, by the sounds of your issue, might be one in the same.  a hole in the pressure tank with failed bladder will give you those symptoms, pressure with the pump running and little to no pressure with it in static mode.  Most we have worked on with that issue was an internal failure to the bladder unable to apply pressure to the system without the pump running (no air retention in the bladder) with the short cycling of the pump it could be a combination of failed bladder and hole in the steel casing of the pressure tank.  One common issue we find regularly in this area is the pitless fails where the PVC or other type of piping passes through the casing of the well through to the down pipe via electrolysis burns a hole in the pipe and causes the short cycling of the pump as a leak, which could also give the symptoms of the low pressure until pump engages as usually there is not a check valve between the well head and pressure tank on most systems I have encountered.  Short cycling a submerged pump is the worst on wear and tear on the impellers and pump, running continuously is a lot less harsh then short cycling for sure. Not knowing your exact situation of well setup may prove I just shot into the dark, just we do deal with a lot of well issues in our area and the most common effects or reasoning behind them being my post herein, whatever your situation, best of luck in an expedient resolve, water issues are at the top of the list of annoyances for sure.  The pig roast looked to be a blast, time constraints left us out, we are hoping to change that in our lifestyle and hope they are still ongoing when we do figure that all out.  Hope your water issues are short lived and an easy resolve.  Mike   

Nomad

I'm late, but would also like to say thanks for a great time again!  Jeff, you DO know how to throw a party! 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

GAB

We got home this afternoon.
Our trip was only 2350 miles.
Hope to be back next year.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

trapper

Jeff next years pigroast will it be july 31 and august 1?  I want to confirm my motel reservation now while rooms are still available at lakeside.  they are always booked up that weekend.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

If assuming there is another, that is when it will be. Always the first saturday of august. That will also be Tammy and my 40th wedding anniversary.

fat olde elf

A week ago right now a dignified group of sawyers finally called it a day including Jeff, Chet, WDH, Stan from Coldwater,Fat Old Elf and 4 or 5 others. What a load of talent in one spot. I had no idea that WDH was an accomplished bass player.

Quite a few first timers this year and that is encouraging for the future. So many people get my personal and profound thanks for a great time.  Glad to see Glassman to add to the list of "man" members including Pig Man, Cedarman (3 generations)
and Magic Man who is touring with his wife Pat in Alaska. Also glad to meet so many new ladies supporting their spouses addiction to making sawdust. Dr. William Glasser wrote a great book about us "Positive Addictions" He wrote an earlier book
"Reality Therapy" which I admire.

I put over 1700 miles on my Tacoma Toy truck with no problems except the gas prices in Michigan, Ohio, and West Virginia. 
No reason to whine as my sainted wife Bonnie paid for the gas and 5 nights in 4 star motels. She says that's a small price to pay for 6 days and 5 nights of peace and solitude after 58 YEARS of marriage. Good girl.

Thanks again for my huge first aid kit. Bonnie also says thanks as she always patches me up. I got beat out by the nice young man that won the Stihl blower Great stuff ! Looking forward to next year.  My 65th high school reunion is next year. Only 28 of 48 of us left but I will lobby to have the reunion on the first SUNDAY in August 2020.  Keep the Faith..
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

petefrom bearswamp

Missed the gang but my 60th forestry school reunion was great.
Will plan to attend next yr if there is one.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!