iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder tires

Started by Scott, December 04, 2005, 10:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Can anyone tell me what I would expect to pay for a new tire size 16.9 x 30? What could I pick up a used tire for? Thanks

Sawyerfortyish

I paid around 1100.00ea for 18.4-34. Used tires if you can find em are valued by the amount of tread left on them.

Frickman

Last year I bought two Firestone Forestry Specials 16.9 x 30. They were about $850.00 / each installed, including tube, if I remember correctly. Recently I bought some 18.4 x 28 Firestones, they were $825.00 / each, $75.00 for a tube, and $100.00 for installation, for a total of $1000.00 each.

Used tires are hard to find. Their value can be anywhere from $100.00 up, depending on the condition. In my area $100.00 is the generally accepted value of a good casing to get recapped, so that's the least you can buy one for.

A few years ago I had to replace a tire on my forwarder, a 23.1 x 26. I was reluctant to buy a new one, as this machine is not used alot. The tires actually rot out before they wear out. My local tire dealer got me a recap for about $750.00 / installed, considerably less than the tire would have cost new. This tire has performed very well for me. If you are on a budget you might look into going this route.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Scott

Thanks guys. I've been looking at that old timberjack that Sealdiver was talking about. It could really use new tires all around but I don't want to spend a lot, 50% tread would be fine as long as theyre in ok shape. Theres a few skidder parts places around here that should have lots of tires, I'll have to call around tomorrow.

Thank You Sponsors!