iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1990 LT40 HD

Started by Hondaxr, April 08, 2019, 09:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondaxr

Hello.  My brother in law and I just purchased our first sawmill.  We bought it from the wife of the original owner.  It's a 1990 LT40 HD that only has 258 original hours on it.  It came with an engine cover, about 20 used blades,  the operators manual and, the shiplap/shake cutting attachment.  We are looking forward to this new adventure.  It needs a new battery, a water tank and, tank bracket.  The water line is intact.  Im wondering where the to begin the search.  So far I have not been successful in finding what I need.  It would also be nice if there was a picture book of sorts showing how everything should look.  If anyone had any suggestions by all means reply!  Thanks

Southside

Welcome to the Forum.  Call Woodmizer in Indiana tomorrow and give them your info along with the serial number of the mill.  They will register you as the owner in their system which will give you an online parts ordering account complete with parts diagrams, numbers, etc.  In addition, they can help to determine and locate any parts you may need.  

I would suggest a full service, alignment, new wheel and drive belts, filters, and grease before you do any sawing as it sounds like it has been sitting a while.  After that she will be good to go for sure as it is basically new. 

Enjoy the journey!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Hondaxr, and Congratulations on the "new to you" sawmill!

By all means, contact Wood-Mizer and they will get you started!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

naturaledge1

You will love it , if it doesn't have a hydraulic strip so you don't have to bring it all the way back I would add one and also hydraulic tensioner if it doesn't have it. You will have to install a more robust set of bearings but it's worth it. And the little sight spring you mount on the mast. Not sure if it has an alternator or not , the hydraulics eat a lot of power. If I think of any other addons I will post.  

Hondaxr

Wood mizer got me on track.  Wondering now if I can cut with the 1 1/2 blade or if I need to stick with the 1 1/4.

Thank You Sponsors!