iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tornado in north KS

Started by paul case, May 29, 2019, 09:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

I read this morning that a large tornado went through Eudora KS yesterday and was wondering if anyone heard from Tom The Sawyer? 

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Tom the Sawyer

We survived it without any damage.  It passed a couple of miles from us, but an EF3 that was a mile wide on the ground, certainly looked closer than that.  Sounded like continuous thunder for 20-30 minutes, it was a slow moving storm, the extensive damage you'll see on TV was 4-5 miles straight north of us.  Had to go to a meeting in Topeka this morning and, where it crossed the highway, trees are shredded, the wood power poles are gone, and the highway signs look like someone stepped on a beer can.  We had a high wind of 30 mph and about 1/4" of rain.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

WDH

That is good news amongst a bunch of bad. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Good to hear you are okay.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom the Sawyer

Thanks to all those who texted or messaged to check in on us.  Weather service was out to check the storm damage today, reclassified it to an EF4 (170+ mph winds).  Only the second one we have been able to see from our home in 27 years.  We built a home that is hurricane-rated, designed for an 8' snow load and has a seismic foundation (a geodesic dome); still hope it never gets tested.  :)
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.

Tom the Sawyer

With disaster come opportunity. :-\

Yesterday, it seems like every time I turn around I am getting a call, text, or email, offering valuable walnut trees (not logs) that are currently on someone's house, some with photos to tempt me.  After a month with 12" of rainfall, and then the tornado, trees are falling over.  Even got offered one from the south side of Wichita (180 miles), and its not on the house, just the fence and power lines. huh-smiley  

Roxie

Keep us informed on your walnut windfall, and so glad to hear you are okay. 
Say when

Bruno of NH

Glad to hear you made it through without issues.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!