iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost my Mom yesterday

Started by olcowhand, May 30, 2019, 07:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olcowhand

FF Friends,
After all the replies and following I've done here, this is my first post.
I lost my Mom yesterday morning, and I just want to proclaim (and celebrate) in some forum- what a blessing she has been to my life, and the lives of many.
Obviously with the grief and sadness, I'm feeling a little guilty. Unlike many in this situation, we've been seeing this coming for a while, and there really isn't anything that's been left unsaid. But I can't help but wish I or one of us could have been there with her.
She lived in an assisted care facility, and asked the attendant for some water at about 3:00 am yesterday, and by the time he returned- she had passed. I (and our family) believes, so I recognize that she flew into loving arms, but I just wish I could have told her I love her one more time....
Not sure what I'm looking for by posting this, but I'll just let it fly and allow the wisdom and the passion you all have happen (yes, I'm weeping as I type. Real men don 't cry, but Olcowhands do....).
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

lxskllr

Condolences OCH. It's never easy, even when it's expected on some level. Sounds like she had a good death, and that's about the best gift anyone could get. All the best for strength going forward.

dgdrls

Your post speaks volumes.
My condolences on the passing of your Mom,

D

doc henderson

Real men of course cry, it just has to be for something that rises to that level.  does not matter how old they or we are, it is still a loss and sad for us.  Sounds like it was peaceful. she was not in pain, and you were all as prepared as anyone can be.  God bless you and your family.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

sawguy21

Life has to come to an end but it is never easy to let go. She was loved and cherished, we can't ask for more than that. All the best, remember and smile at the memories of the good times.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

Losing your Mom changes you.  Your post made me think of my long parted Mom, and that made me smile.  I heart goes out to you and your family.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Loosing your Mom creates a void that can never be refilled.  Yes, everyone wants that one last time together and we get it, but sadly, we don't know when that last time is.  I offer my sincerest condolences to you and your family during this time of both grief and celebration.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

That is always hard. I think of my Mother just about every day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Losing your Mom really does leave a huge void in your heart and mind!

Lost my Mom back in '13 and every once in a while, through the course of the day I'll stop what I'm doing and just reflect for a couple of minutes on some of the good times we shared!

As has been said, remember the good times, those memories are priceless!

My condolences to you and the rest of the family!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Southside

I am sorry to hear of her passing. As others said, real men do cry, and they cherish the good memories. I hope you find peace in this time. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

tule peak timber

Our condolences from out west. Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Bill Gaiche

Sorry for your loss. We are never ready for such a day but just remember all those days before. bg

Pine Ridge

You will be in my prayers tonight, so sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost my mom in 2014, I miss her everyday.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Bruno of NH

Sorry for your loss.
Real men do cry.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

hacknchop

Rhonda and I send our condolences.
Often wrong never indoubt

barbender

I'd question a man being "real" if he didn't cry at his mother's passing! My condolences, olcowhand- death is a rotten thing, even after a full life has been lived. But I celebrate with you the full life she lived, and pray for the void that she left.
Too many irons in the fire

Bricklayer51

Sorry for your loss prayers from hl

Tom King

Sorry for your loss, but it doesn't get better than a Parent leaving before a child, and especially being one of the lucky ones who gets to live a long, full life.

Ed_K

Sorry for your loss, can't say anything else.
Ed K

samandothers

I am sorry for your loss.  Loosing one's mother is not easy.  She knew your feelings.  She is in a far more comfortable place. You will remember her and the experiences you had and still shed tears for she was a wonderful lady.

WV Sawmiller

OCH,

I am sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing - I always heard troubles shared are halved and joys shared are doubled. I hope you and your family and friends can be together during this time and enjoy each others company and share the good times you had with your mom. I bet that is what she would want.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Cartwright

I can't put in words how deeply sorry I and my family are for your loss. I lost my mother back in '94 and miss her everyday. The guidance and unconditional love will never be replaced. 
Wood-Mizer LT50HDD47-RA
Eg 200 twin blade edger 25hp gas
Volvo L30 compact  wheel loader
Ford CL65 skid steer
'09 F250 Super Duty Powerstroke 
Stihl ms391, 390, 029

Jeff

Thinking of you here at the Brokaw house. I lost my mom years ago, but Tammy's mom is still doing pretty good. I cant imagine not having her. Praying for you.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

gspren

Condolences, I just lost my Mom 4 months ago under very similar circumstances and yes us old dudes can and should still shed tears. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

goose63

Sorry to hear this remember the all the good times you had with your mom mine left this world 15 years agao  at 96 years old.

And yes men do cry  
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!