iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChugiakTinkerer

Quote from: fishfighter on October 19, 2016, 04:59:50 PM
I have some more ideas that I going to see if it will work out. Like the base boards will be live edge oak and also door and window trim. 8)

Live edge sounds way cool.  And it sounds like a good opportunity to do a couple mock-ups, both with live edge and a straight edge trim board to see how they compare.  And a really nice opportunity to take pictures and post them on FF!
Woodland Mills HM130

fishfighter

Well, it's a guest/camp house. So no telling what. ;D

Got the door all framed out and I like it. ;D It's going to match out great and I will be carrying this over to the kitchen cabinets. This door is made out of some of the first boards I sawed up. 8)

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Very Nice my Friend.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

AlaskaLes

Yup, sexy doors indeed!
Hanging out with you guys, I'll be turning my own cabinet knobs before it's over...
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

fishfighter

One thing is, that door will have to be hung with 4 hinges. Heavy SOB. :D 

Bruno of NH

Nice looking door Mr Fish :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fishfighter

Heck, the door came out square. :D

Got up on the roof and sprayed the back side yesterday. 100x's better then rolling on the coating. Fixing to do the front side today.

fishfighter

Got the front roof coated. Hell on my back doing a 8/12 pitch, hanging by a rope.

AlaskaLes

You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

fishfighter

Been trying to finish boxing in the eves. Slow going there due to climbing up and down a ladder.  :( Trying to get that done before I have ear surgery on the 3rd of next month. Was told that will shut me down for about two weeks. Going to have a big chunk cut out. Dam skin cancer. >:(

Also, my transplant team is throwing a fit. My CRT-D has a problem with the battery and the home monitor that reads the pacemaker quit working. Waited on the phone for an hour yesterday trying to get in touch with the pacemaker people. >:( Never got thru. >:(

Justin Bailey

I made a 3" thick oak door that was a slim 27 or so inch wide, but used ball bearing hinges, and also a hard maple 1-3/4 thick one 30x80 where I used them as well.  Just three.  They were easy enough to find and then you could use just three hinges if you wanted to.  They work smoothly, but the knuckles are larger than with normal hinges, causing trim clearance interference concerns.

I just routed away a close fitting dado in the trim for them to clear or one can just set the leaves back away from the edge inside the door and the jamb, but that may make the swing and strike a problem, in order to have a nice close gap there.  Another consideration is removability-some of them do not have removable pins. 

You may already found the solution w/ 4, Sorry I had not thought of it sooner and commented.

Just an idea.

fishfighter

Hey, thanks, I'm always looking for a better way. ;D

Did a bunch of blocking in eves yesterday. I paid the piper last night for climbing up and down the ladders the better part of the day. ;D Ran out of 1 x 4's. Guess I will fire up the mill tomorrow. ;D

Found out that I might have to have the battery changed out in my CRT-D. >:( If so, that will shut me down 4 weeks. Just about when duck hunting season starts. >:(

tareece

Quote from: fishfighter on October 22, 2016, 02:45:01 PM
Got the front roof coated. Hell on my back doing a 8/12 pitch, hanging by a rope.

I am plumb jealous
Very inspiring fish!
Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

Magicman

We would rather have you down for 4 weeks than down.  Keep the spirit alive my friend.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Thanks MM. Yesterday was a down day. Got to listen to what my body says. Slept on and off all day. I'm doing a little bit better this morning. Myself and the transplant center has been trying to get thru to St Jude medical. Still no luck. >:( What I found out is that the CRT-D (pacemaker) has a battery life of about 5 years due to being paced 100% of the time. Bad thing is, I been having this dam spark pack in for 5 1/2 years. Last reading of it was May, 2015 which has been way to long. So, nobody knows how much juice the battery has left. If we don't get thru today, I guess a trip to New Orleans will be in order Monday. :(

On another note, I'm going to try in saw up some 1x4's today if the wife lets me. :D She will be my tail person. ;D

Oh, in that picture with the door. Under it, those are the last two benches I needed to get built. Still have one more I need to build custom made to order for someone. A easy $200. Costing me around $4 to build along with about three hours work. 8)

SkyDoc

I scored you some yellow fin tuna to grill up or cook as you see fit. I'll be back on land on 11-10. If you get down my way let me know where you can meet me and I will get it to you.

Pulled the trigger on my big trailer mill last week. I should pick it up after the 1st of the year. It's going to be a monster!! I am excited to get it.

Doc
Dad always said "its easier to learn from someone else's  mistake than to make it yourself". Thats why I am here....

fishfighter

Hey, thanks. I will make it out your way, I hope.

Still waiting on doctors for a plan. Got ear surgery Thursday to remove the last of some skin cancer. From there, maybe a battery replacement. :(

I did get a little work don't on the camp. Finished treating the front porch. Just hate painting. :D Going to try and do the back porch today.

Oh, picture of the front porch.

btulloh

Looking good.  What did you use to treat the porch?
HM126

fishfighter

One gallon of tar mixed with about 1/2 gallon of diesel. Once it dries, I will paint it before I put the flooring down.

fishfighter

Got out this morning for a couple hours before the heat came and applied some hardie plank to the front porch decking.

Maybe this weekend I will get the hardie plank above if I can get a little help.

Fondly got thru the pacemaker people. DanG week and a half. >:( Anyway, sparkie is good for another two years. 8) Tomorrow, DanG ear surgery to remove that DanG spot that just don't want to heal. That sucker hurts just to the touch. :(

Got to take the dear wife out to dinner tonight. 37 years married today. Got a good one. :D

sandsawmill14

congratultions smiley_love smiley_love

porch looks good too smiley_thumbsup

Magicman

smiley_love  You have your priorities in order my friend.   food3

I wish you the best with your ear surgery, and good news about 'sparkie".

fishfighter

Thanks guys. Had that surgery. Man oh man, what a can of worms they open. :o Start to be about the size of 3/8" and ended out to the size of a quarter. :o Even had to remove some cartilage. :o After that, they did a skin graft. This SOB is now really hurting like 40 kinds of hell. :(

I will be down and out for the first week. They told me to take it easy up to 8 weeks. SUUUUURRRRRE. :D Good side, they got all the cancer cut out. 8) Took 4 hours to do the job. Would do better paying him by the foot. :D

sandsawmill14

my grandad lost the top of his ear from where it attached to his head up  :o to cancer they just cut it off straight across :o
and i had an uncle had it on the end of his nose and they went back 7 times  :o shaving one layer at a time till they got it all  we got to memphis at 6:30 am and they finished the surgery at 2: pm ;D a long day but worth it the funniest thing about that day was they had his nose bandaged up as big as your fist ;D no kidding :D  thaen of course you cant eat before surgery so he was staring to death and we stopped at the first place we seen a wendy's and he ordered 2 #1 combos and an extra burger and turned around to me and said "what do you want"  :D :D :D :D he ate it all  :o and took about 1/2 of the 2nd drink with him for the ride home :D he was not a small fellow about 6'6" and weighed about 275 he was around 60 when this happened and was still working everyday as a plumber/electrician  ;) he lived about 15 more years and has since passed and i miss more than anyone from the family that has left us so far but alot of fond memories :)
sorry for rambling on so  but the point of this ( before i forgot to make it :-[ ) was that both live 15 or more years after the surgeries and the cancer never came back so if the said they got it all its gone and you are good smiley_thumbsup  just lay around till you feel better and let it heal up good :)

Thank You Sponsors!