iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northwest Ohio Loggers Chapter

Started by Autocar, November 17, 2013, 03:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

After a year of off and on discussion January 7 will be the first official meeting. Taking a map of the state we have interested loggers south of I-70 to east of I-75 after placing a dot on the map where we are located it looks like a large spider web. Anyone that maybe interested in this may send me a P.M. and I will try to answer your questions and give you the meeting location. Friday I did my level 1 chainsaw course thats a requirement and it was a eight hour program that was quite interesting. It was heald at Maumee State Forest in a stand of swamp white oak that was planted in 1948. We were removing red maple from the stand. When a fellow stands in a 64 year old stand of oak thats pushing 8/12 inches the word stewardship reaily comes into focus and it comes back to us loggers to think about the future and for the landowners to realize that we are only a grain of sand in a hour glass and the word landowner falls by the way side and stewardship is whats it is all about.
Bill

John Mc

Autocar -

I grew up in Fostoria, and still get out your way a few times a year (to Wapakoneta).

What town is nearest the Maumee State Forest? I'm pretty sure I've been there, but it's been so long, my memory is getting fuzzy.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Autocar

John Whitehouse Ohio is the closest to the forest but it covers alot of county up there, Wapakoneta is ten miles east of my place .
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!