iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel/Lube Jugs

Started by Magicman, April 22, 2013, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamish

The "newer" style cans are required primarily due to EPA requlations. 

The are also beneficial for those that have to deal with Ethanol, as the vented cans have the ability to absorb more moisture.

Sometimes dealing with the odd glug can be beneficial.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

240b

I 've given up on plastic cans completely.  With saws and axes bouncing around in the back of the truck, I've had too many leaks develop over the years. The best steel can I have found is the NATO jerry can with a cam lock cap. They were hard to find over the last few years but you can find them if you look. Just make sure they are not the china made ones.  I got 8 of them this winter when I stumbled across a guy with a shipping container full of band new ones from Beligum.

Magicman

That was quick.  They came today, 5 days after ordering.

Two orange jugs for fuel, and two green jugs for lube.  A plug is removed from the cap and the spout (seen in front of the jugs) threads into that hole.  These jugs are thick plastic and really heavy duty.

Now the bad.  The top of one of the green jugs is mis-cut and does not seal properly.  I will be calling the supplier Monday morning.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!